Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 drive not reading even after replacement help?

Sponsored Links
    I replaced the laser in my CECHK-01. now the drive spins up and all but it doesn't read. i am positive the laser is correct and installed properly. console functions, updates, doesn't freeze, spins disks (and keeps spinning), but doesn't read them..

I DID use a generic 3rd party 4.31 update.. NOT an official from the PS website.

whats the problem?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    BD410 drive, with BMD-006/BMD-011 daughterboard and KES-410A dual lens laser > that is your specs according to ps3 dev wiki

Is the loading wheel present on the XMB? Have you tried both DVD and Blu ray disc? Was this a previously 'Blu Ray remarry' Process?

I am wondering as well then if you have faulty lens replacement.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    the BMD-006 is correct, the KES-410ACA is correct, if by 'loading wheel' you mean the one in the upper right corner yes that's there.

i have not tried a DVD, i have tried burnt audio cd and an older ps3 game that any console should read (not that it makes a diff.)

and i am unfamiliar about this 'remarry" process... the original owner said something about me having to do this.. but i thought it was as simple as replacement parts and putting it in.

what should i try?.. i've don't so many little things i'm about to just give up.. thanks VERY much for your help as you seem to be the only user responding to my posts.

Well replacing parts is fine on a Blu ray that has Original Logic board assigned to that PS3. Once the logic board is replaced or the whole drive, then you must remarry the Blu ray drive.

So maybe I am wrong but it sounds like that is what you need to do or make sure it has the Original Logic board.

You need to be on 3.55 CFW for the process of Remarrying the Blu ray drive - http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...-118548-5.html

So its either that is the issue, or you got a faulty lens replacement, which probably can happen. Because you can insert disk, eject disk fine, The loading wheel is present in upper right corner on XMB. So one must think it is the lens that is faulty.

so in this situation.. i need to downgrade my ps3 to 3.55?

that puts me back to the same situation i was in before with not being able to because of retarded errors on the e3.

Well if your sure that the laser you replaced isn't faulty. You only have to do the remarry if its a different Logic board on the Blu ray drive.

If you still have the errors with the flasher and can't fix it, another alternative is too send it too someone to downgrade for you. Which yes costs a bit.

i'm fairly confident in the laser. and the seller i got the 2 ps3s from came with 3 logic boards total. i know 2 of them are the right model # but not sure about the 3rd.. i guess ill just swap them around till i find one that works..

if not then my only other option is a downgrade, correct?

Yes that's correct if you can't get one of them too work.

what firmware should i use.. because i'm not wanting to run them on a custom one. i just need a reliable/popular one to go to before i update back to 4.31

if you want my opinion on a good cfw you should use rebug however if your going back to official firmware after you remarry the drive then kmea is your best bet. also the clip requires a fair bit of pressure on the chip and it also needs to be perfectly aligned as well (i'm sure you know this but best to be thorough).

from reading the posts remarrying is your only option and if your on official firmware then that means you must downgrade. good luck. post back if you need more info about remarrying (not hard at all provided you have a service mode dongle).

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News