Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Downgrading real or fake?

Sponsored Links

Best Answer - Posted by CJPC:

It's fake. Basically, the PS3 will look to a file located on a Sony server (like this: http://fus01.ps3.update.playstation....updatelist.txt)

If you edit some parameters (similar way as to doing the FW bypass) it will show a "new" version (that, can be old) - all seems fine, until the PUP is actually downloaded, then the system will realize it is an older version, and not downgrade.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's fake. Basically, the PS3 will look to a file located on a Sony server (like this: [Register or Login to view links])

If you edit some parameters (similar way as to doing the FW bypass) it will show a "new" version (that, can be old) - all seems fine, until the PUP is actually downloaded, then the system will realize it is an older version, and not downgrade.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My vote goes to fake, but I did chuckle at the way he pronounced Sony (SooNeey) as "SahhNeey"

I agree with CJPC, the updatelist.txt was simply modified is all... he keeps repeating the word "downgrade" in the video (and hiding a private IP that isn't routable ), but says nothing remotely technical to make me believe otherwise.

Others?

PS: The first PS3 downgraded would actually have been years ago, with an Infectus Mod.

pmsl - sahhney

Yeah, I agree with CJPC and PS3NEWS - looks like he's just connected to a modifed ps3-updatelist.txt. It's a sham he only shows up to it starting the download - the next few mins would be more interesting if he got anywhere with the actual Install!

I notice he says something link "and now it's installing" - no dumbass, now it's DOWNLOADING!

anyway - interesting for 5 mins i guess.

PSPSwampy.

Definately Fake as he has not given any details.

Umm... Shouldn't we be able to, like, modify Sony's Update Check file and redirect the URL to a modified version for an update bypass?

It has probably already been tried. Plus, it sounds too easy to work... But it works with downloading updates.

I really wish there was a downgrade/bypass method... I am dying to see the Disgaea Home space.

Arghh how many fakes will be shown us? So stupid to create fakes for nothing...

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News