Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Downgrading to older firmware help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello, I've recently been trying to jailbreak my ps3 but I have the 4.30 firmware installed and from what I believe there is no jailbreak for that yet. The only jailbreak I've come across that seems to have worked is for the 3.55 firmware so I want to know if it is possible to downgrade my console to that firmware without any soldering or opening up the console. I have a fairly old ps3 the original firmware was 3.40 and it's model number is CECH-2501B if that helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You cannot downgrade without opening the console and installing a hardware flasher.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can downgrade if you upgraded to a 4.30 cfw (custom) but not if you upgraded to ofw (official firmware) if your on official you'll need to open it up.

Fine! I was gonna say you can try the Objective suites method and grab the 3.55 downgrade special pup, then once you install it then use exit factory/service mode ONLY if your really on firmware 3.55 and bravo! if possible though

You can also downgrade if you are on 3.55 which most people that are really dont want to downgrade. thanks

damn well I'm not really the most tech savy person out there so I don't really trust myself with that kind of stuff nor do I know anyone who would be willing to do it for me. But I thought it would be possible to revert to an older firmware that I already had.

Where do you live? There are members here who can do the service for you. Maybe there are also professionals with soldering skills which you could hire to get the job done.

I live in Brazil. But also I don't know where exactly I can purchase the flasher or progskeet.

We don't get into "where to buy" here sorry, for that you will need to search Google, etc.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News