Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] PS3 Downgrade info help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi again i have a new console cech2503B date code 0C im sure this can be flashed downgraded but my question is as i do not no the history of this unit if it has never been on 3.55 can it still downgrade to that firmware i think max downgrade is 3.41, i need to enable qa flag then change to 4.50 so that ill have qa flag installed for future updated

Regrds shane

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    M8 first of what FW you are currently on if below 3.55 then go to 3.55 if above 3.55 then do a downgrade.

1. OFW 3.55
    2. CFW 3.55
    3. Enable QA flag and check if it is enabled and delete enabler so you don't disable by mistake
    4. Dump EID key with eid key dumper it will help decrypt ps3 HDD in case of ps3 death so data can be retrieved, and transfer it to external usb drive
    5. Check if check sum is correct on downloaded update package and Install CFW of your choice rogero, rebug etc. 4.46
    6. Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc.

BTW

no.3 Is quite obvious use toggle_qa.pkg

no.4, Download eEID_RKDumper.pkg , install it , then run it console will dump eid key to hdd in dev_hdd0/tmp/ it will be file 48b in size named eid_root_key use file manager like multiman and copy it to external hdd/flashdrive. It's important to do it while on 3.55cfw as it only works on 3.55 and that's it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I got the ps3 sunday i went from 4.41 to 4.50 so i take i you can down grade to 3.55 even if when it was bought out of shop it was on a later fw the 3.55 or that person installed a later fw on initial setup? Thanx for the tips on eEID number thing

Regards shane

It seems that your console when it was new with this specific date code had either 3.41 or 3.50 , so yes it's possible
    Last edited by misiozol; 10-29-2013 at 11:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Also I would run minvercheck on it and that will let you know if it came he downgraded. Thanks.

Ahh... yes completely slip my mind

And how to do it is here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-gu...hk-120995.html
    Last edited by misiozol; 10-29-2013 at 12:13 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ok thanx guys i will try that, also is it possible to brick a console from dumping the nor flash? Say if the clip was not seated correctly and i got a error? I no writing the nor would result in a brick ive done that before lol

It's very possible to make a brick, you HAVE to know what you are doing

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News