Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Downgrade Harddrive question?

Sponsored Links
    I heard that when you downgrade, your harddrive gets formatted. Any truth the this? If so how do I backup my harddrive before I downgrade?
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

Yes it does, and yes you need to backup everything before you proceed, including your game saves.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes it does, and yes you need to backup everything before you proceed, including your game saves.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    depends on the console.. newer model phats - maybe.

slims - 100%
    old phats - no.

Thanks for the quick response. How do I back up my saved games on my hard drive, and my psn game downloads?

It's a shame we can't easily backup are trophies aswell. Had fun trying to swap them from one ps3 to another. Didn't go smooth lol

To back up your save data and everything else (except trophies) Go to settings and use the data backup utility, it will copy all data to a usb drive. So make sure u have one plugged in lol

To restore data, its on the same menu as backup.

P.s. you will not be restore data on any other ps3 apart from the one you used the back up on.

Cheers
    Ben2005
    Last edited by ben2005; 12-16-2010 at 02:05 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News