Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Downgrade 3.50 or 3.55 or 3.41 help?

Sponsored Links
    I have a PS Slim running 3.55 QA flagged. I want to downgrade to 3.41 or 3.15. I bought my ps3 as the killzone 3 bundle, which came with 3.50. what is the risk of downgrading below 3.50 and can i downgrade below 3.50?
    Best Answer - Posted by Neo Cyrus:

A handful of PSN games would work on 3.41 but not on CFW 3.55. I can only think of one off of the top of my head (Hatsune Miku Dreamy Theatre). So yeah... there is a lot more to be lost than gained by downgrading to 3.41, it's a bad idea to downgrade.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    With you PS3 QA Flagged you can downgrade to any firmware and it's completely safe. Go for it, it's waiting for you.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    are you sure? i really don't want to have my nand bricked. plus there's a thread talking about qa downgrading and says you can't downgrade below stocked fw

Yet, why do you want to downgrade anyways. 3.55 is where everything is right now. I haven't seen anything about QA Flag downgrading bricking... but if it does then Sony fails. (What's new?)

You now need to find out which firmware is the lowest you can downgrade to. Easiest way to do this is to use MinVerChk : [Register or Login to view links]

Once you have it, put it on an USB stick at PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP and try to install it via XMB. You will get an error message telling you which is the lowest version you can install on your model.

why bother downgrading.. theres nothing to be gained by going back to 3.41

i know.. i can't believe i said that either.. LOL but it is true..

I'm probably not going to, i just want to know, for experimental reasons. can I or not?

A handful of PSN games would work on 3.41 but not on CFW 3.55. I can only think of one off of the top of my head (Hatsune Miku Dreamy Theatre). So yeah... there is a lot more to be lost than gained by downgrading to 3.41, it's a bad idea to downgrade.

Make sure you don't try downgrading past the PS3s base firmware!

Here is a list of all the PS3 slim models and its base firmware.

My point stands.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News