Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Dongle Hard Drive confusion help?

Sponsored Links
    I bought a dongle "PS3-Key clone" in MBK Bangkok with external Hard drive and several games on it, but can't find out what brand it is... Don't know also whether it's upgradable or not. It works fine, but blocked on 3.41 at this time...

The only problem is that I travel a lot in Asia, and being in a neighbouring country, I bought MoH: Airborne, installed it on the external HD, and couldn't run it on the PS3, I had to go to the shop with my fat PS3 where they installed it on the internal memory instead, since then game runs ok.

But I have only 55 Gb on my PS3 hard drive, so I'd rather install it on the external sold with the dongle, which has 500 Gb, but don't know how to do...

Questions are:

1. Can I update that kind of dongle, and what should I use?
    2. How to transfer the game saved in my PS3 memory to my external Hard Disk?

Anyone can help?
    Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by Krisdog:

INSTALLING Games from ps3 HD to external HD? Easy! even the ps3break v 1.0 can do this task. You need to educate yourself in Game managers; ie. Open manager 2.1, Gaia, and Multimanager. All these managers will move games fron internal HD to external HD

1.Download any of the mentioned managers above to your computer.
    2.Extract files.
    3.Copy manager file to Usb stick/flash drive ect. (the drive must be formatted to fat32) to do this click computer, right click drive, chose format, then chose fat32.

You can just copy one of these managers to your external hard drive that you bought with the games on it, save you time because it is formatted already.

4.Once you have done that insert usb storage device (flas drive / ext. HD) into ps3.
    5. start PS3 in Jailbreak mode.
    6. Go to install pkg file folder, open and install.
    7. Once you have a updated Game manager it will allow you to move games from ps3 to ext, HD and visa versa.
    8. just chose a game already backed up and press O, it will ask you to move game to the opposite HD than where it currently is at.

As far as which board?? There are so many of those things floating around I would have to see a picture like mentioned on the post above me.

If it is copying and playing games DON"T MESS WITH IT! Don't fix what isnt broke. And if you are unsure as to what board/jailbreak you have upgrading payloads is going to either brick your Dongle or aggravate the hell out of you.

GOOD LUCK, hope this helps and If I deserve a +rep please don't hesitate!! Top right hand corner, (a little self promoting lol)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I removed your last question, as we don't get into that topic here since it's asking for warez which isn't allowed. Carry on..

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1- Can you give us a name or attach a picture for your dongle clone to see if it is upgradable or not?
    2- You can transfer them from the backup manager, file manager or ftp manager

i had same issue as well and desperately need help.. am using p3hub1 and seagate 320gb as my ext hdd (fat32 formatted).. some games can play using my ext but some can't.. i've to backup on my internal hdd to play..

Some games just can't be played from external drives , there even fewer games which only play from USB so read the database and perhaps get a new internal bigger 2.5" drive

It's actually the same as another post found in the forum. Mine doesn't have the same logo, I used here the one found in the forum.

So, you' re telling me that I can copy the MoH installed on my PS3 hard drive onto my external drive from the backup manager?
    My backup manager version is 1.0, but how can I send it to the external drive.

When I bought it in the shop, I didn't have PS3, so I bought a 8Gb usb flash drive, they transfered the game on it, and once I was home, using a laptop, I transfered it on the laptop, then I connected my hard drive on the laptop and cut/pasted it from the desktop onto the external hard Drive, but didn't work.

I had it on the drive and appearing in the Backup manager menu, I installed it as for the other games, but when I launched it to play, it stopped on the game selection menu saying: "Disc error: retrying operation" but nothing happened, I then went to the shop where they installed it on the PS3internal hard disk, and then it worked...?

So how to send it now to the external Hard Drive??

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

dongle.JPG  

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoUsername View Post
    Some games just can't be played from external drives , there even fewer games which only play from USB so read the database and perhaps get a new internal bigger 2.5" drive
    Ok Thank You! So I'd rather replace my 55 Gb, with a 500 Gb as they advised me in the shop? And then, install everything on the PS3?

How can I know which are the games I can store on the external hard drive? And how to transfer them from internal to external??
    Many thanks for your quick previous replies!

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I removed your last question, as we don't get into that topic here since it's asking for warez which isn't allowed. Carry on..
    Fair enough! I thought I might be out of topic... What are the warez btw?

Sorry I'm quite new to all this terms and procedures.
    Thx
    Last edited by Duty lover; 11-18-2010 at 03:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Big Grin

INSTALLING Games from ps3 HD to external HD? Easy! even the ps3break v 1.0 can do this task. You need to educate yourself in Game managers; ie. Open manager 2.1, Gaia, and Multimanager. All these managers will move games fron internal HD to external HD

1.Download any of the mentioned managers above to your computer.
    2.Extract files.
    3.Copy manager file to Usb stick/flash drive ect. (the drive must be formatted to fat32) to do this click computer, right click drive, chose format, then chose fat32.

You can just copy one of these managers to your external hard drive that you bought with the games on it, save you time because it is formatted already.

4.Once you have done that insert usb storage device (flas drive / ext. HD) into ps3.
    5. start PS3 in Jailbreak mode.
    6. Go to install pkg file folder, open and install.
    7. Once you have a updated Game manager it will allow you to move games from ps3 to ext, HD and visa versa.
    8. just chose a game already backed up and press O, it will ask you to move game to the opposite HD than where it currently is at.

As far as which board?? There are so many of those things floating around I would have to see a picture like mentioned on the post above me.

If it is copying and playing games DON"T MESS WITH IT! Don't fix what isnt broke. And if you are unsure as to what board/jailbreak you have upgrading payloads is going to either brick your Dongle or aggravate the hell out of you.

GOOD LUCK, hope this helps and If I deserve a +rep please don't hesitate!! Top right hand corner, (a little self promoting lol)

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News