Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: ps3 disc specs

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] ps3 disc specs

Sponsored Links
    what are the technical specs on ps3 cds?

i've heard of ps2 disks being pressed or manufactured a certain way when they are made.
    does anyone know if ps3 disks are made in a similar way?

Sponsored Links

Arrow

Sponsored Links
    They are on Blu-ray discs, so yes the manufacturing process differs from PS1/PS2 CDs/DVDs... tons of info here on them though: [Register or Login to view links]

PS3 Blu-ray game discs also have multiple layers of encryption and checks which all must pass through the PS3's hypervisor, which is probably one reason why we haven't seen a PS3 Action Replay/GameShark yet.

Some detailed info on the PS2 direct-boot process can be found HERE, however, it isn't the same as on PS3 due to the above reasons among others I'm sure.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    That's a bummer because some of the games for the PS2 are awesome, but I don't want to have more than one console.

But the PS3 does have backward compatibility? Or are you worried at the moment about playing backups in the console?

Quote Originally Posted by sakkie69 View Post
    But the PS3 does have backward compatibility? Or are you worried at the moment about playing backups in the console?
    only on some of the models. my friend has a 60gb backwards compatible one, but i have the 40gb one.

Quote Originally Posted by gadget706 View Post
    only on some of the models. my friend has a 60gb backwards compatible one, but i have the 40gb one.
    Oh ok. You didnt mention what PS3 you had or if you were still deciding on which one to buy. Well, there was a post a few days or so ago where where someone said it might be possible for the 40Gbs to do the PS2 emulation in software via firmwareupdate at some stage

http://www.ps3news.com/PlayStation3/...rmware-update/

Dunno if you've seen that yet

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News