Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 died with game inside help?

Sponsored Links
    Okay, got a call at work today. My dad got chased out of the living room, so he decided to play kingdoms of amalur on my ps3. Popped the game in, there were updates for the game, but not enough room on the hard drive. So he starts to delete some old save files. While deleting one of the save files, my PS3 dies.

His game is still inside my machine. Every time I try to eject the disc, or just turn the machine on, it beeps a few times, the power led comes on green, then flashes yellow once, then blinks red until I press the power contact again.

The machine is an original "fat" PS3, 80gb, backwards compatible, came bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4. Some one please help me out.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i took a couple ps3 apart Phat ones. Should be easy to take a part and remove disc. But i suggest you repair the ps3 with an e3.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Turn off the console power, by button I/O located behind the console, hold down the eject button and hold, then click on the I / O button!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    EA won't fix YLOD but if he wants the game out of it he will have to take it apart and take the blu ray drive apart to get the game out.

ifixit.com/Guide/Yellow+Light+of+Death+Repair/3654/1

Please elaborate, I don't what you mean by e3.

E3 is a flasher to downgrade the firmware on a PS3.

The E3 Flasher won't fix your problem. You got the YLOD, you can either try repairing your YLOD or just follow a guide on youtube to take out the disc manually.

i personally would try to fix the YLOD.. i personally own 5 ps3s.. dont ask why.. i'm a junkie.. haha.. anyway fixing the YLOD and trying to prevent it can save alot of money. 4 of mine suffered it and i bought them broken.. fixed them and still us them.

in addition, if you fix the YLOD, you dont run the risk of damaging the disk drive, something i've seen a lot of and you can also use that time to back up your save data.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News