Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Data Transfer Utility help?

Sponsored Links
    Can I use it with systems on different firmware? My fat is on 3.41 (for obvious reasons) and the slim is 3.61.

After searching I saw that I can. It won't forcibly update the firmware on my old console, will it?
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 06-18-2011 at 10:32 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

I think that's all you need to change, but what you are looking for is the Save Unlocker. Check this link: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/PS3...-Homebrew-App/

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    No and don't try, it will not work! you relay don't need to link your hacked ps3 to your 3.61 ps3. Not good. "Rootkits" Also turn all your pnp off on all network units and that means computers as well if you have a hacked ps3 on the same networks, and turn off deans ftp from auto starting if you use MultiMan.

Sony or its fan-boys can brick you or exploit you, then fuc7 you some more, if they wish. unlikely I know but passable.

If you have a ps3 with ver 3.56 on then treat it as a threat to your privet life just like you should do with mfw or cfw and homebrew, untrusted.

Unless it comes from here at PS3News or Deank's work, and the Rebug team.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a dial-up connection at home. I suppose I just won't worry about transferring the data.

what's your phone line got to do with it? I think you maybe confused.

I was pointing out that I don't connect to the internet with either PS3, and I only use an ethernet cable with the fat to transfer games or backup saves.

Could I use the backup utility to transfer the data? The save data I want on the slim isn't copy protected but, I can't use it because it belongs to another user.

This was my 1st tut I posted some time back on here. So this may or may not give you some idea. and hopefully aid you in your quest.

Quote Originally Posted by daveshooter View Post
    Just a little idea on how you can copy homebrew and games to a non hacked ps3, using a hacked PS3. I have tested this twice now, so I know it works 100%.

1st, On the ps3 your going to use as the host/master, install Geo's cfw 3.55 and setup customize it just how you like it, ie Homebrew Games Music Films, and so on.

Now get the un/hacked PS3 with 3.55 OFW on, and plug the both of the ps3's together using a crossover cable. (This is were PIP comes handy on your TV)

Now on the ps3 that has homebrew on navigate to System Settings, then down to Data Transfer Utility, then press X once more, then you will see a screen saying select the operation you want to perform. You need number 1. Transfer data from this system to the other PS3 system.

Now do the same on the other PS3 the one with the OFW 3.55 on, and go to System Settings, then down to Data Transfer Utility, then press X once more, then you see that screen saying select the operation you want to perform.. but this time you need to set that PS3 to operation number 2. Transfer data from the other PS3 system to this system.

Then after your happy you have selected right press X on both PS3 controllers, and let them do their stuff. It can take some time depending on what you put on the hacked PS3.

If all went well you now have two PS3's Identical in installed files , but One with hacked FW and one without. If you only put games on the unhacked PS3 no homebrew, and no CFW I believe you are less likely to get a ban on the PSN if your playing games online.

Hope this helps others. My reason for this was that the unhack PS3 had a duff BDVD, so now games from disks for that one, untill now.
    You will also need to spoof the firmware version on your hacked ps3 to the same version as the stock one. Also do not try installing homebrew that creates new folders outside the game folder on the hacked ps3 ready for the stock ps3, because the new file system dose not allow you to read from that part of the drive any more. so you'll loose everything that was put there from the transfer after reboot.

This is all the help I am going to give now on this because there is more then ample information to help work it out on this forum.

good luck.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 06-19-2011 at 10:13 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It would be a LOT easier to just grab some USB storage and transfer the things you want to it and then onto your other PS3. Use the Game Save utility to backup game saves.

Are you able to use the Game Save utility to backup game saves and use on another PS3? I thought there was too many limitations doing it that way, if it works at all.

With the Data Transfer Utility its faster, has no limitations in files size and will copy homebrew and its folders , trophies and game saves and users, . Unlike Game Save utility.

Some save are locked, and cannot be moved. But I have used it to backup games, change a HD, and then copy the games back to it without any issues as long as I create the same profile name on the PS3. I don't see why it wouldn't work to transfer them if the profile names are the same. Worst case you may have to use that Saved Game Editor software to change the profile ID in the save.

Also, can't you make a complete backup to USB storage as well instead of over the network?

I have not had any saves trophies that have not worked doing it the way I do so far, I never need to create any same users on the stock ps3 , as they are there after the transfer.

I agree I don't see why it will not work if the user names are the same, but it does make sense in one way if it doesn't, because of how Sony don't like game save sharing, and this would be the easiest way for us to Sharing is just use the same user name on all Ps3's.

With the way I do it there is no need to edit any profile ID because as far as the Ps3 is concerned its a legal save.

You can make a full backup on usb as long as it dose not have files over 4 gigs, like my files and game backups and video films. some are over 25 gigs in size so this is the fastest way of doing it with speeds almost reaching 60 odd megs a second using a crossover cable.

If you do it right you will have a hacked ps3 and a stock ps3, both identical in file structure and files.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News