Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    Some save are locked, and cannot be moved. But I have used it to backup games, change a HD, and then copy the games back to it without any issues as long as I create the same profile name on the PS3. I don't see why it wouldn't work to transfer them if the profile names are the same. Worst case you may have to use that Saved Game Editor software to change the profile ID in the save.

Also, can't you make a complete backup to USB storage as well instead of over the network?
    The profile name is the same on my slim. Where can I get the editor, or do I just need to edit the SFO?

I can, I backup my data on a monthly basis. I want to be able to load my Hyperdimension Neptunia data on the slim. I can copy it but, I can't load it because it belongs to another user. So, could I use the backup utility, hardly any of my saves are copy protected? I apparently can't or shouldn't use the data transfer utility since the firmware is so different? I don't want to go past 3.41 firmware on my fat.

Didn't see the post above this until just now, sorry about that.

This should get auto-merged, so here goes: Should I edit anything except the account ID?
    Last edited by Prince Valiant; 06-21-2011 at 02:03 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I think that's all you need to change, but what you are looking for is the Save Unlocker. Check this link: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/PS3...-Homebrew-App/

Sorry I didn't think to add I have to spoof my firmware if their not the same, so you could do the same if you wish.

I would spoof the hacked ps3 to what the other PS3 version was and it worked and did not remove the files from the donor ps3 like I once thought.

You also have to consider if the game/app is for 3.41 on the hacked ps3 and you spoof to 3.55 and then data transfer to a 3.55 ps3, then it makes sense game/app may not work and you would have to edit them accordingly, Blackbox is a must to have and works on a stock ps3 with ofw from 3.41-3.55 also.

It seems data transfer and system backup is all thats talked about lately, system backup is so limited.

If you do it the way Sony do it, and the way I do it, by backing up customers data to transfer for maybe replacing ps3, or just the hard drive, then this is how its done, agree their hardware is not a ps3 like ours, but the interface is the same. System backup was meant for the small stuff like games save and music, not downloaded content or movies, as Sony like you to download them again, so it is very limited,.

Data transfers copy's everything and creates a clone of the donor.

I think my next project would be spoof 3.65 on my modded unit then data transfer from a stock ps3 3.65 ofw to my hacked ps3, then reinstall Blackbox ftp again on the hacked ps3 as it would of been removed in the transfer, and then have a look the drive.

Just kidding Sony do you realy think i would plug my ps3 with firmware higher than 3.55 in any of my ps3, networks or computers. I think not.

Did I hear something about a jailbreak thats works straight from boot, no need to power and eject for it to work, or was I dreaming again?
    Last edited by daveshooter; 06-21-2011 at 03:08 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There is a 3.41 solution that works without power/eject, it's the Hermes CFW 3.41. I used it for a while and it worked fine before I updated to 3.55 CFW. You install it just like any other PUP and then install a payload PKG that you run from the XMB. It loads the payload (older hermes style syscall) and comes back to the XMB ready to go. It's not as elegant as Kmeaw 3.55, but you don't have to mess with a dongle either.

yes I did know about them from a friend who lent me this E3. I was referring to a new usb dongle that dose not need to have a payload at all, it just started when you powered up, because they have removed the power/eject method from use and them selfs.

I'm using my fussy logic again on this dongle thing, and sorry for just quickly going off topic. I had a nudge about something to do about another service dongle leak or some cleaver Dev has worked it out from the knowledge gained from the 1st leak. I can see there could be some element of truth in that because we all know how Sony uses backward compatibility and leave loop holes, and service dongles left in ps3's when shipped. Just a thought.

My other reason for this is its all very well Sony trying to lock hackers out but their also locking their selfs out, well the service centers, and sensitive place who also need to repair/unbrick, retrieve data. I can't see Sony doing all the repairs in Japan and strip down and plug in and reprogram rather than affectively jailbreak and re flash. I cant see it.

They have to out work it to other service centers. and must be a new dongle for ps3's from 3.56 up, after the ps3 hard drive crash.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 06-21-2011 at 06:57 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by severusx View Post
    I think that's all you need to change, but what you are looking for is the Save Unlocker. Check this link: http://www.ps3news.com/PS3-Hacks/PS3...-Homebrew-App/
    I'm giving the save unlocker a go, thanks for the link.

Ok, please let us know if that worked for you.

And I agree with the daveshooter, there has to be a new "jig" or similar device at their service centers. Although this time I imagine that techs using it is something like getting the chips from the Cyberdyne vault in Terminator 2.
    Last edited by severusx; 06-22-2011 at 10:30 AM

First attempt failed, I'm going to try it with the console ID option next.

Sorry about the late response, been out a lot more than I thought I would be this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12