Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Custom Firmware questions help?

Sponsored Links
    I don't know if anyone remembers me but I've been off doing well life stuff, to put I in the most basic manner, and now that things are opening up for me again I've decided to get back into the PS3 a little bit. I haven't seen anything in a good month or two and all the sudden I come back and just see loads of things but I was hoping if someone could give me a little bit of info on what has happened? Last time things were going strong with the 3.55CFW signed to the current forums are like 4.2x or something and I don't know of that's the case anymore.

Just a few pointers on what to do and what not to do and anything major that has happened would be greatly appreciated. My PS3 is currently on 4.30 OFW [PHAT] (if that has any relevance anymore), so thanks in advance. (Woopie for awesome laptops that crash and cut you of mid sentence.)
    Last edited by Foo; 04-02-2013 at 03:35 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by smokyyuwe:

Sadly, yes. The good news is that a lot of the issues that could brick your ps3 from downgrading or upgrading are almost non-existent. Once you manage to downgrade from the OFW you can basically choose the firmware you want and upgrade without a problem (you may want to dump your lv1, lv2, flash using Multiman/Iris just in the off chance something does happen, and QA flag before any update as a precaution).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well so far most people have moved on to 4.30 or 4.40 FWs (Rogero, Rebug, etc etc...). Also, there is PS2 Classics that will allow your ps3 to play PS2 iso with the thanks of reactpsn.

edit: Oh, and, welcome back!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are all the firmwares still updatable from 3.55 only? And thanks

Yep, you need to be on 3.55 to go anywhere from there.

Sadly, yes. The good news is that a lot of the issues that could brick your ps3 from downgrading or upgrading are almost non-existent. Once you manage to downgrade from the OFW you can basically choose the firmware you want and upgrade without a problem (you may want to dump your lv1, lv2, flash using Multiman/Iris just in the off chance something does happen, and QA flag before any update as a precaution).

I've recently upgraded to 4.40 myself, and for some reason, I can no longer FTP files via Multiman, I've downloaded Iris off this site, but there seems to be a load of other files, besides a PKG file, do they need to be copied to the PS3 as well?

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News