Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

PS3 Square Button [UnAnswered] PS3 and CRT Televisions

Sponsored Links
    When it comes to gaming, I'm the type of gamer that believes that all the various machines out there have potential rather than be a supporter of any one system such as a Sony gaming system or a Microsoft gaming system or a Nintendo gaming system which is why I'm seriously concerned that Sony unlike Microsoft and Nintendo are forcing people with the PS3 to upgrade their televisions if they haven't got a HDTV just to play the games as the PS3 won't work with regular CRT TV's at all!

I've nothing against Sony per se, but why should people who want to buy a PS3 be forced to fork out even more money to buy a HDTV in the first place, especially in the UK as they're not exactly cheap over here for the top quality ones that support 1080p and as for HDMI 1.3, supposedly only 99% of TV's support HDMI 1.2 over here which means that you get a serious bottleneck...

I'm definitely going to buy me a PS3 but I'll be waiting until they along with proper HD-Ready TV's that support 1080p signals go down in price...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what do you mean the PS3 wont work with regular CRT tv's? Of course it will. my PS3 plays just fine on my piece-o-crap 4 year old CRT. The PS3 doesnt HAVE to display content in HD. It can do 480i/p just as well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What do you base your statmenton? PS3 ships with composite cables which should work with all TV sets.

[Register or Login to view links]

It says here that the PS3 doesn't seem to work with a lot of so called HD-Ready CRT's which are what are sold over here in the UK picture-wise...

Personally, I don't like what Sony are doing, forcing people to upgrade their TV's just so they can get the best experience from the PS3 and what's the odds that could be a big strike against them over here in the UK besides the price...

Imagine it, you've bought a PAL PS3 expecting a great visual experience and when you get home and plug the sucka in, you get a experience which is comparable to that of watching never-ending repeats of "Leave It To Beaver..."

I have an idea, Sony should release a firmware update that makes the PS3 only output at 480i so that people with old standard definition TVs can have the same visual experience as people with a brand new multi-thousand dollar TV

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoWind View Post

Imagine it, you've bought a PAL PS3 expecting a great visual experience and when you get home and plug the sucka in, you get a experience which is comparable to that of watching never-ending repeats of "Leave It To Beaver..."
    Hey, I like "Leave it to Beaver"

Well, no, I don't, but I can't blame Sony for my lack of a 1080p TV. I'm still unclear on your problem with Sony. Do you expect them to enable the PS3 to output 1080p on a 480p set? That is just not possible.

There is a small device that will allow you to display 480/720 and the one we all want : 1080p on any PC monitors (aka CRT) Same device could transform any RGB display into HDCP compliant. It's not expensive converter, it's PS3 special product that will be available before 28 March.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News