Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Corrupted Settings Loop help?

Sponsored Links
    So I had a PSN error on my OFW ps3, I couldn't download any of my PSN stuff without it giving me an error. (It used to work a few days earlier just fine.)

I went ahead and did a data transfer to backup all my savedata from my PS3, and noticed that my home folder had different numbers on them. "00000086" instead of your typical "0000001". It was a stupid and childish thing to do but it bothered me having that instead of the normal 00000001 folder.

So I figured I'd push my old xregistry.sys to the devflash2 folder replacing the old one (I had done this before and it always worked fine.). Well needless to say, I screwed it up, now I get a blue screen that says "Settings corrupted Press X to repair" or something along those lines, but no matter how many times I try I always go back to this blue screen. I have tried Rebuilding Database, Restoring Filesystem, trying to update my PS3 but nothing works because I hit this blue screen.

I'm pretty sure it's the xRegistry.sys (which I thought didn't brick your PS3 but guess it puts it in a screwed up state.)

I have the old xRegistry.sys backed up, but don't know how I'd access devflash2. Is this part really dangerous to mess around with? Is there anything I can do? This is an original 60GB PS3 model. So I'm not sure if one of those NAND readers could help.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated guys, and sorry for the long winded post!

Fixed it! I have never been this spooked! Ever since my first PSP bricked on me before CFW/Recovery mode ever existed. I finally managed to fix it after pulling the hard drive out, formatting it to FAT32, then stuffing it back into the PS3. Hell I DONT know what just worked but I went to the recovery mode and started pressing each option until something must've worked. Whew! Time to be more careful! This can be closed now.
    Last edited by Zentsuken; 10-12-2011 at 02:25 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3 News:

Quote Originally Posted by Zentsuken View Post
    Fixed it! I have never been this spooked! Ever since my first PSP bricked on me before CFW/Recovery mode ever existed. I finally managed to fix it after pulling the hard drive out, formatting it to FAT32, then stuffing it back into the PS3. Hell I DONT know what just worked but I went to the recovery mode and started pressing each option until something must've worked. Whew! Time to be more careful! This can be closed now.
    Nice to hear you fixed it Zentsuken, +Rep for sharing the solution and I will close the thread as Answered per request now!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Zentsuken View Post
    Nice to hear you fixed it Zentsuken, +Rep for sharing the solution and I will close the thread as Answered per request now!

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News