Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Controller battery help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi everyone.

I have a non generic controller and it won't charge, I was playing a game and after a few hours a message come up on the top left of me screen. Thinking I'll just play a bit more and charge it in the morning, so did that and now when I go and play something the message comes up and I charge it till its full, pull out the USB cord and try to play and the message comes up within a couple of minutes. So plug it back in and it's saying that it's full.

So my question is have I fried the battery some how by letting it drain so much? I'm stumped

Anyway sorry for the long winded explanation and cheers if you can help me

Hammerbugg

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Have you tried using the control with the notice of charge? It may just be a bug firmaware.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    try a different charger sometimes its something that simple...

I've done all that. Tried using it last night with another game, I used it till it died and plugged it back in to see if it was charging it did and was reading full in 5 mins.

I think I've killed the battery but I don't know how, I'm stumped

Sounds like a buggy firmware on the battery itself. Have you tried it on another ps3 to see if the problem occurs again?

Quote Originally Posted by ModNoob View Post
    try a different charger sometimes its something that simple...
    the charging process on PS3 controllers is done on the controller it self. PS3 console has nothing to do with it. It only throws 5v to the controller to charge it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hammerbugg View Post
    I've done all that. Tried using it last night with another game, I used it till it died and plugged it back in to see if it was charging it did and was reading full in 5 mins.

I think I've killed the battery but I don't know how, I'm stumped
    OK what is this controller of made to? Is it the original (OEM/Original Replacement) controllers. a.k.a. Official Controller made by Sony, or is this the one of the rip-off Chinese made products. If it is Chinese made product, then you deserve what you pay for.

I highly discourage any imitation products (even if they're prices are too low) still the quality is down to the ground.

What I think they ment was the cable that connects the controller to the ps3.

And I agree that you should never get imitation products as they can sometimes be very faulty.

Registered User theicemancomith's Avatar
    Have you use a multimeter to check out if theres any voltage coming out?

Cheers guys for all the comments, I tried different charging cables and it's still the same. I think I fried the battery cos its only 300mah compared to 1100/1800 batteries. I don't care if it's an imitation because I can't justify paying the retail price of a new controller ( sorry). In the end it's only a name.

Cheers once again thanks for the help people's, I'll just change the change the batteries over and go from there

I was going to say to replace the battery I have two retail Official Japan Made Controller but is US PS3 Version controller one came with a large gray battery and the other small black battery, because my was not charging no more I replace the small black battery with a new large battery color gray, now works great, the battery black SONY small has 300mah the gray one has a higher number than 300mah that is not from SONY but it works great like the other gray battery that is from SONY.

so is great idea you replace the battery not sure if replicas non SONY made from China Controllers are similar to the Real OEM SONY controllers made in JAP but I notice the New OEM Official PS3 controllers and PS3 is made mostly manufacture in China and some few other countries because a tsunami that happen in Japan last year there is no oem made in China controllers and also OEM Official PS3 Sony brand.

I like OEM or USB made like Logitech is not for PS3 is for my computer but still works in my PS3, or I install usb to ps2 controller they work great in my ps3 with no problem also I have a wireless non Sony from Gigaware is for the PS2 but I use the usb to ps2 controller censor so it can be wireless.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News