Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 clicking noise (on TV, not inside PS3)

Sponsored Links
    Hi all,

Apologies if this is on the wrong forum, but I couldn't find a Troubleshooting forum.

I bought my 1st PS3 a month ago (yay!) but it froze a few times, sometimes made a clicking sound (through the TV speakers), then lost my friends list, so I took it back and exchanged it for a new one.

After 2 days, the new one has started making the clicking sound as well. It's stopped now, but it was doing it on Soul Calibur & Call of Duty, so it's not a problem with one particular game. The clicking is really fast and it's not the hard disk (I've seen several posts on that topic), it's actually coming through the TV speakers, and drowns out all other sound.

Tried rebooting to no avail, eventually it just stopped. Very annoying.

Has anyone experienced this? Is there a fix, or should I take this one back as well?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Jon
    Best Answer - Posted by DrkStr1976:

You may have power fluctuations causing the power to drop below intended levels. Do you have a bunch of high-draw devices plugged into the same circuit? IE a large plasma TV surround sound system, computer & monitor, etc. If all these are drawing off the same circuit and you have fluctuations in your power, it can cause all kinds of strange problems.

I would suggest getting a line conditioner (NOT a surge strip, those are completely different) that is rated to the appropriate wattage you are going to be driving behind it. Add up the total watt draw on all your gear before buying one.

Also, many of these line conditioners come with a guarantee that they will protect the devices behind up to a certain dollar amount. So IF something were to happen and the line conditioner did not function properly, they will effectively buy you a new device.

I use line conditioners professionally every day (I assist with the installation of MFP's [copy machines] onto networks) and have seen the benefit of having one.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Hello there!

As far as I know, switching on or off another electrical device attached to the same multiple outlet strip (is this the correct english expression?) can result in clicking noise from tv speakers. Maybe some kind of electrical interference?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You may have power fluctuations causing the power to drop below intended levels. Do you have a bunch of high-draw devices plugged into the same circuit? IE a large plasma TV surround sound system, computer & monitor, etc. If all these are drawing off the same circuit and you have fluctuations in your power, it can cause all kinds of strange problems.

I would suggest getting a line conditioner (NOT a surge strip, those are completely different) that is rated to the appropriate wattage you are going to be driving behind it. Add up the total watt draw on all your gear before buying one.

Also, many of these line conditioners come with a guarantee that they will protect the devices behind up to a certain dollar amount. So IF something were to happen and the line conditioner did not function properly, they will effectively buy you a new device.

I use line conditioners professionally every day (I assist with the installation of MFP's [copy machines] onto networks) and have seen the benefit of having one.

Lightbulb

Hi. Try testing on another tv set with only the needed components (PS3 and TV only?) If it still happens, it could be a faulty cable. Also, check the settings of the PS3. you could have selected something that is not syncing well with the TV's sound capacity

PS: Tis never a good idea to overload an outlet socket with too many appliances plugged into it (assuming that is the case)

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News