Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CFW questions help?

Sponsored Links
    Ok here is the story I dont get much time to spend with the ps3 but I do like to tinker around from time to time. Now I am running a CFW but I have never been able to run backups off a usb Hd nor have I gotten a several titles to run.

I boot the system up and it is on 3.55 legit now with no dongle in it I run multiman vers. 04.05.00 this puts me in to
    ps3 system fw 3.55 [sc-8] | Hermes ]

Now comes the problem I have not gotten several games to boot up. I have taken lets say my original of mlb 12 the show and installed it to both internal and extenal and will not boot. also uncharted 3 is the same, gran turismo boots from internal but not external etc

can someone bring me up to speed on the latest tricks of the trade? thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by PS3GAMER20111:

Did you apply 3.55 eboot patches on those games. Because mlb12, uncharted 3 etc are 3.55+ FW games. (little advise if you are new to ps3 jb scene before starting any game delete PS3UPDAT.PUP located in Games/Games ID/PS3_UPDATE)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what do you mean 3.55 legit? like, kmeaw, rebug or official?

i'm gonna guess kmeaw cause you have multiman.

do you have a disc in the drive? maybe try out bd-mirror under game options in multiman

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you apply 3.55 eboot patches on those games. Because mlb12, uncharted 3 etc are 3.55+ FW games. (little advise if you are new to ps3 jb scene before starting any game delete PS3UPDAT.PUP located in Games/Games ID/PS3_UPDATE)

Yes I think its just you need to apply the eboot fixes for those games. If you check the PS3 compatibility list, it will usually tell you what is needed to make the game work on CFW.

I'm still a noob to the PS3 scene myself but there has been some great work by Duplex on the patched EBOOTS. Of course, it's still frustrating waiting for a patch to the game you REALLY want to play but hey, thats life

Just a quick question PS3GAMER20111, you reference deleting the PS3UPDAT.PUP file. Is that always the case? Some of my backups still contain the file and work OK... or am I facing an impending auto update

Thanks

PS3UPDAT.PUP should be deleted in order to prevent silent ps3 fw updates. Deleting them saves space too because they have no use... Enter your text here, to modify it.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News