Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CFW to OFW 3.55 help?

Sponsored Links
    Hey folks, was on cfw 3.55, changed it to OFW 3.55 with no problems, then I went to upgrade but at about 70% the screen just went blank

Tried switching back on but now still all I get is blank screen, tried diff hdmi/component cables to no avail

Tried to enter recovery mode but it switches off after 2nd beep

Can this be fixed?
    Best Answer - Posted by TitanTX:

I would suggest him to go and see racer's thread for unbricking and downgrading. Since his console is brick.

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    it should switch off after bleeping twice. turn it back on holding in the power button again, and release finger when it bleeps.

if this don't work you could always try a dongle method to get into FSM since your on 3.55. before you do anything though, wait and see if you get a better answer cos i'm often wrong.

i assume you checked the pup before you tried installing it ?
    Last edited by G Sus; 11-06-2012 at 12:37 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just tried it again, no success, It beeps when I switch on, I then hold finger on reset and after another beep switches off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Have you tried using the recovery menu ?? And formatting the HDD via PC ??

Banned User
    turn off console, turn console on but keep finger on power button. it will beep and switch off turn it back on keeping finger on power button again. it will beep, then beep again. take finger off power button, it should be in recovery mode.

i'd suggest you use the 3.55 ofw pup you originally used. if this don't work, look in the forums for fixing semi brick from dex to cex (bleeping death). this might not work either, there is a forum also for brick repairs and downgrading i'd suggest you look in there and have a chat to racer.

Tried that method, it's switching off after first beep I'm afraid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD.

Banned User
    you best off having a chat with racer over in unbricking and downgrade services thread

Upgraded to what CFW? This is most likely a brick, but It's always nice to know what gave you the brick.

Banned User
    he didn't check the pup either, so its highly likely its a brick.

I would suggest him to go and see racer's thread for unbricking and downgrading. Since his console is brick.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News