Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CFW info questions help?

Sponsored Links
    So a lot of people have had this same question.

What do we actually need to make a cfw install over firmware 3.55

What keys? We need exploit?
    Best Answer - Posted by SuperSaiyen:

No simple answer unless you live in hacking/ encryption/ land. If your ps3 model is less than the 3000 series, you can downgrade with a hardware flasher to a cfw regardless of the fw you are currently on I believe.

3k and 4k models are unhackable/undowngradable unless the near impossible happens, and some sort of master key is leaked, as it is doubtful $0ny made additional encryption mistakes to allow hackers to get them now.

This post names some keys, but much more is needed to truly understand the significance. http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...-125749-3.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    LOL? If I recall correctly, this has been answered hundreds of times and probably by the same people.

Sponsored Links

Again?

Sponsored Links
    Why new posts for old questions?

So... whats the answer...?

All I want is a simple answer
    Last edited by BlurZz; 03-30-2013 at 03:03 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No simple answer unless you live in hacking/ encryption/ land. If your ps3 model is less than the 3000 series, you can downgrade with a hardware flasher to a cfw regardless of the fw you are currently on I believe.

3k and 4k models are unhackable/undowngradable unless the near impossible happens, and some sort of master key is leaked, as it is doubtful $0ny made additional encryption mistakes to allow hackers to get them now.

This post names some keys, but much more is needed to truly understand the significance. http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-cf...-125749-3.html

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News