Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CFW and Formatting questions help?

Sponsored Links
    Will I lose my CFW if I format my ps3 hard drive? please thank you
    Best Answer - Posted by mschumacher69:

If you have NAND (old CECHA-CECHG phats), you won't loose the CFW if u format the hdd because it's fully stored on 2x 128MB NAND chips. If you have NOR (newer than CECHG), then only part of the FW is stored on the NOR Chip (16MB) and the rest is stored on you HDD. So you have to re-install the FW when you format/replace the HDD.

Now, if you have an older version of Rogero 4.30 (v1.xx), you cannot re-install it if you format the HDD. So upgrade to v2.05 before you format. If you're on Rebug, you can format an re-install the CFW without any problems.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    a little more info might help. but i have formatted my drives several times, i have a cecha o1 60 GB launch, backwards compatible Phat console. and have never lost the cfw. formatted drives on 3.55kmeaw and after i upgraded to rogero 4.21.. never had a problem, just re installed multiman and went from there. hope this helps

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    If you have NAND (old CECHA-CECHG phats), you won't loose the CFW if u format the hdd because it's fully stored on 2x 128MB NAND chips. If you have NOR (newer than CECHG), then only part of the FW is stored on the NOR Chip (16MB) and the rest is stored on you HDD. So you have to re-install the FW when you format/replace the HDD.

Now, if you have an older version of Rogero 4.30 (v1.xx), you cannot re-install it if you format the HDD. So upgrade to v2.05 before you format. If you're on Rebug, you can format an re-install the CFW without any problems.

okay I have CECHG 2501B slim console and I am on Rogero 4.30 v 2.05...so all what I need to do is format and HDD and then re-install or is there a process to do that?

It can't be CECHG because CECHG is a phat, it's proabably CECH-2501B.

Yes, format it, then when you plug it back into your PS3 it will ask you to re-install your system software, so put Rogero 4.30 v2.05 on ur flash drive and re-install it.

Thank you very much for your help and i do really appreciate it

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News