Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CFW 3.55 upgrade and online questions help?

Sponsored Links
    I have a PS3 with a custom firmware 3.55... should i upgrade to a 4.41 CFW or stay at 3.55 and how can i play online with the 3.55 CFW?
    Best Answer - Posted by mschumacher69:

There's little to no reason to stay on 3.55 CFW these days, just install Rebug 4.41.2 from XMB on top of your kmeaw by following the guide below:

1- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):

Install latest version of multiMAN (4.41.2), plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under Games and go to mmOS > Press [O] on any file > Open in HEX viewer > Press [SELECT] > Press [START] > Export GameOS LV2: Select No > Export HV LV1: Select No > Export FLASH: Select Yes

2- Install Rebug 4.41.2 from XMB:

Download Rebug 4.41.2, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP, put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE, go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's NO original game disk in the drive and that you DON'T Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!

3- Enable QA:

Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it under Games, go to Utilities and enable QA. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading.

Make sure you use the latest version of mM (4.40.00) because it's the only Backup Manager compatible with 4.41 CFW atm.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You can play online two ways. One is to update to ofw. And the other is dual boot your ps3. What is the model of your ps3?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have a similar question and didn't want to start a new thread.... I have a PS3 Slim with Kmeaw CFW 3.55 haven't used it for over a year my controller doesn't work not sure what that's about.

My questions is pretty straight forward I wanted to know If I can do a full reformat of my Playstation and if that will just go back to factory default system or do I need the OFW (Version 3.55 then update to 4.41 or just OFW 4.41) to complete the reformat.

All I'm trying to do is Play CoD online and not worry about the CFW anymore I've had my fun with all the backups and now i just want to play online. I've read that I might need a program to erase my update logs so PSN doesn't see that is was hacked or does the full reformat do that?

There's little to no reason to stay on 3.55 CFW these days, just install Rebug 4.41.2 from XMB on top of your kmeaw by following the guide below:

1- Make NOR/NAND dump (optional):

Install latest version of multiMAN (4.41.2), plug in a FAT32 formatted USB flash drive into the right USB port, launch multiMAN under Games and go to mmOS > Press [O] on any file > Open in HEX viewer > Press [SELECT] > Press [START] > Export GameOS LV2: Select No > Export HV LV1: Select No > Export FLASH: Select Yes

2- Install Rebug 4.41.2 from XMB:

Download Rebug 4.41.2, verify the md5 hash, rename the PUP to PS3UPDAT.PUP, put it on your FAT32 formatted flash drive in PS3\UPDATE, go to System Update and Update via Storage Media. Make sure there's NO original game disk in the drive and that you DON'T Update via Internet or else you would risk installing OFW higher than 3.55!

3- Enable QA:

Install Rebug Toolbox from Package Manager, launch it under Games, go to Utilities and enable QA. This is to ensure easier and safer downgrading.

Make sure you use the latest version of mM (4.40.00) because it's the only Backup Manager compatible with 4.41 CFW atm.

So the above post is answering chrisax305 question. So should I just reformat the HDD and install OFW to play CoD online or does the PS3 install the OFW automatically once the HDD is Fully reformatted?

Does this get rid of the CFW and revert it back to a factory default PS3?

You really should have started your own thread. You just need to do a 'Restore PS3 System' from XMB

Then have the OFW 4.41 ready on a USB as well and update.

where can i get that?

with version of multiMAN ?

multiMAN v04.40.00 BASE CEX (20130502).pkg (37 MB)
    multiMAN v04.40.00 BASE DEX (20130502).pkg (32 MB)
    multiMAN v04.40.00 BASE STEALTH (20130502).zip (35 MB)

vboz go with the top or bottom

gkeith24 search the news of ps3news, or just format and update using online updater

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News