Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 cfw 3.55 upgrade help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi all, i been out for some time, my ps3 has cfw 3.55, ive been trying to read about the upgrade to new cfw, but cant find the information... or too much information

Can upgrade directly to the last cfw? and what is it? or need some in between steps?

Cant find any tutorial on it also...

Thanks in advance.
    Best Answer - Posted by misiozol:

1. OFW 3.55
    2. CFW 3.55 kmeaw
    3. Enable QA flag and check if it is enabled and delete enabler so you don't disable by mistake
    4. Dump EID key with eid key dumper it will help decrypt ps3 HDD in case of ps3 death so data can be retrieved, and transfer it to external usb drive
    5. Check if check sum is correct on downloaded update package and Install CFW of your choice rogero, rebug etc. 4.46
    6. Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc.

skip no.1 as u r on CFW

no.3 Is quite obvious use toggle_qa.pkg use key combo navigate to Network settings and press L1, L2, L3, R1, R2, and down on the d-pad.

go to debug settings and find SYSTEM DEBUG UPDATE switch to ON , simple will allow you to use option of installing FW to HDD and u can have couple of them no need for usb next time very useful to jump between CFW or 3.55 and any other

no.4, Download eEID_RKDumper.pkg , install it , then run it console will dump eid key to hdd in dev_hdd0/tmp/ it will be file 48b in size named eid_root_key use file manager like multiman and copy it to external hdd/flashdrive. It's important to do it while on 3.55cfw as it only works on 3.55 and that's it , In case your console will die you will be able to decrypt HDD and recover ALL DATA

And format usb drive in fat32, CFW check check sum with external program on your PC like MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility.exe if they are matching !!

I would not go yet to any CFW4.50 as they are bit WIP , but 4.46 is perfect I would recommend rogero 4.46 or rebug 4.46.1 REX

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    1. OFW 3.55
    2. CFW 3.55 kmeaw
    3. Enable QA flag and check if it is enabled and delete enabler so you don't disable by mistake
    4. Dump EID key with eid key dumper it will help decrypt ps3 HDD in case of ps3 death so data can be retrieved, and transfer it to external usb drive
    5. Check if check sum is correct on downloaded update package and Install CFW of your choice rogero, rebug etc. 4.46
    6. Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc.

skip no.1 as u r on CFW

no.3 Is quite obvious use toggle_qa.pkg use key combo navigate to Network settings and press L1, L2, L3, R1, R2, and down on the d-pad.

go to debug settings and find SYSTEM DEBUG UPDATE switch to ON , simple will allow you to use option of installing FW to HDD and u can have couple of them no need for usb next time very useful to jump between CFW or 3.55 and any other

no.4, Download eEID_RKDumper.pkg , install it , then run it console will dump eid key to hdd in dev_hdd0/tmp/ it will be file 48b in size named eid_root_key use file manager like multiman and copy it to external hdd/flashdrive. It's important to do it while on 3.55cfw as it only works on 3.55 and that's it , In case your console will die you will be able to decrypt HDD and recover ALL DATA

And format usb drive in fat32, CFW check check sum with external program on your PC like MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility.exe if they are matching !!

I would not go yet to any CFW4.50 as they are bit WIP , but 4.46 is perfect I would recommend rogero 4.46 or rebug 4.46.1 REX

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News