Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CECHG01 downgrade help?

Sponsored Links
    So it seems the CECHG01 PS3 is the last NAND model released by Sony. Its disc laser is also of sub-par quality, so it has been gathering dust after I bit the bullet and bought a new slim. Well, instead of being a huge paperweight, I suppose it may be wise to downgrade it.

However, a lot of tutorials seem to be focused exclusively on how to downgrade NOR consoles. From what I gathered, you cannot use the E3 Linker to downgrade a NAND console, correct?

What are the recommended tools to downgrade a NAND console cheaply and easily (a hard bargain I'm sure)? I have a lot of soldering experience, but soldering to pins is definitely something I don't enjoy. Also are there any limitations that NAND consoles have only NOR in terms of dual-booting between CFW and OFW?

I've been playing around with the idea of sending the thing off to someone like racer for a simple downgrade, but PMs still don't work for me so in the mean time, I'm considering a DIY.
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

You need a progskeet and you can use the alt. soldering places. Is the mother board a sem-001? Thanks.

Oh one more thing can't use the e3 at all on it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You need a progskeet and you can use the alt. soldering places. Is the mother board a sem-001? Thanks.

Oh one more thing can't use the e3 at all on it.
    Last edited by racer0018; 05-26-2013 at 11:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yeah, the mobo's layout matched with pictures online for SEM-001. Sucks none of their solutions work for it.

I haven't heard about these alternate soldering locations. Do you have a link?

Search for soldering sem 001 ps3 and it will show you. I am not at my computer right now to get the picture.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News