Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CECHC nand brick after various screw ups help?

Sponsored Links
    About a year and a half ago I bricked my beloved backwards compatible phat ps3. I was trying to install a custom firmware, and it said to enter recovery mode. Me being stupid, I assumed (for some reason) that recovery and service mode were the same thing. So I got into service mode and tried to flash the cfw. I ended up with a RSOD, and somehow I got back to service mode. I then decided that it was all to hard, and tried to downgrade back to OFW 3.41 from 3.55.

So while it was downgrading, the update froze. I left it for a loooong time (we're talking like hours here), and I didn't know what to do and turned it off at the power. I am now left with a console that turns on for about 15 seconds and then turns off again. no YLOD or flashing red light, no signs from the tv that anything is happening, it just turns off as it usually does.

Also, I cannot get into recovery mode at all, and this is not due to my incompetence. it just isnt there.

This leads me to believe that I have seriously screwed up the machine's NAND or something. I have also wiped the hard drive, no cigar.

Is there anything I can do to rectify my little problem? Any heap greatly appreciated, so thanks if you do help.

BTW on the usb there was a log file after the update, which said "manufacturing update error"
    Best Answer - Posted by niwakun:

Try following the Waninkoko brick fix.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You need to get a NAND flasher, and perform the usual "unbrick your console" steps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is there a specific guide and flasher that you would recommend?

thanks

Try following the Waninkoko brick fix.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News