Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 CECH-A01 not playing PS2 games help?

Sponsored Links
    I have a ps3 cech-ao1 that's not playin ps2 games. It recognizes it has a ps2 game but when I push X to play it , all I get is a black screen and have to turn off ps3 by holding the power button. The blu ray drive plays everything fine just won't load ps2 games. Is there something that I'm doing wrong or what could be wrong?
    Best Answer - Posted by misiozol:

And again you are wrong were you are taking this BS from, 40/80gb fat consoles have been cut and stripped from BC compatibility

pimix2009 After swap you need to remarry cd/dvd/bd drive something that can't be done on OFW , is this console was on cfw any time in life ?

have you try to play ps2 classics did they work , your console is hardware capable it has built in EE/GS so it should work , try to downgrade and reinstall FW as on OFW there is no recovery mode any more , as far it goes it could be faulty cd/dvd/bd drive but with out remarry hard to tell.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is the first PS3 generation console, its 20GB & it has backwards compatibility but lately $ony removed this feature in their latest firmwares so this means you have a firmware 04.xx or above, i think you need to be on 3.20 FW or lower to play PS2 games.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are serious ? and I have the 60Gb version. I had the CECH-E01 and it was updated to the latest firmware and played just fine. So why would they remove that on A01 models ?

How did you obtain this info? stop saying rubbish. I have 2 backwards compatible consoles on 4.46 and works like a charm with all ps2 games, so it's either faulty drive or firmware problem try to update to newest CFW 4.46 I recommend rogero or make a recovery mode and reinstall CFW.

Oops my bad thats right 20GB, 60GB and 80GB PS3 with 4 usb ports can play PS2 games, BC was removed in PS3 slim.

maybe its a faulty drive or a firmware problem.

Also PS2 games are region locked, in case its a region problem then your only solution is to update to Rebug & then change the region of your console so it would be compatible with your PS2 game.
    Last edited by Liongooder; 08-28-2013 at 06:58 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you tried the PS2 game from multiman? Do you have CFW on the console?

I have a CECHB00 which plays PS2 games no probs.

I have no CFW on it, its on 4.46 official and I tried changing the Disc Drives and still same problem

And again you are wrong were you are taking this BS from, 40/80gb fat consoles have been cut and stripped from BC compatibility

pimix2009 After swap you need to remarry cd/dvd/bd drive something that can't be done on OFW , is this console was on cfw any time in life ?

have you try to play ps2 classics did they work , your console is hardware capable it has built in EE/GS so it should work , try to downgrade and reinstall FW as on OFW there is no recovery mode any more , as far it goes it could be faulty cd/dvd/bd drive but with out remarry hard to tell.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News