Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 CECH-2504b red light issue help?

Sponsored Links
    i have a problem this console when i try to light on, it self power off after 4 sec even the red led disappears, it reappear only when i push again the button, so it goes to standby. any idea?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Safe Mode -> Restore -> Turn on

If that doesn't work go to eBay.

Sometimes the power supply blows out

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    maybe nor is corrupt, but get in safe mode to restore.

PS3 slim CECH-2504b - Guarantee it needs either the RSX or CPU reballing.

The newer model PS3 slim (CECH2504's, 3K & 4K series) no longer display YLOD - they simply power off COMPLETELY.

Only sure way is to solder NOR_Tristate to GND (look for the testpoint diagrams for your board - JTP-001 or JSD-001) to check if the flash is corrupt.

What were you doing with the console before this happened?

I hope that you can fix that through recovery mode, but I suspect its a busted CPU (not GPU). Since Slim PS3 are notorious for having breaking CPU's and reball wont fix it, replacing CPU is not an option since its paired with motherboard.

it run ofw 4.11 and have long time standby (like 2 month) the other day just want to play a little and ps3 does this thing. probably i need to solder tristate with gnd, for you to know i do the fan test and it go ok. thx for reply

PS3's don't break CPU's... Overheating causes the solder to become brittle and the BGA connections come apart.

I've got pictures somewhere of a CECH4001a I lifted a CPU off - about 12 of the solder pads in one corner weren't even attached to anything (still had gold-plating on the pads)

It's down to manufacturing where some of the BGA connections aren't flowed properly

nothing good may happen on touching the flash of your PS3 when you left your console for 2 months doing nothing. I suspect that it's a broken PSU, who knows it might be damage when you left your console plugged it for 2 months where the event happens that electrical spike occurred.

i have alredy change the spu 3 time, coming from other ps3 with the same board

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News