Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Thread: Is PS3 capable?

Sponsored Links

[Answered] Is PS3 capable?

Sponsored Links
    My Ps3 does not have built in wireless nic, so I was wondering if 1: I could connect it to my laptop so it gets my laptops wifi internet, or if not 2: I could buy a wireless USB nic for the ps3 that would work.

Thanks.
    Best Answer - Posted by VendeTTaa:

Well for your first questing; i believe this is possible. I remember talk of this quite a while ago earlier in the year. Unfortunately i cant give you details about how to do it, only that its possible.

For the second question, the answer is no. It is possible to use a laptop because it goes through the ethernet, but the ps3 is never going to check usb for network connections.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well for your first questing; i believe this is possible. I remember talk of this quite a while ago earlier in the year. Unfortunately i cant give you details about how to do it, only that its possible.

For the second question, the answer is no. It is possible to use a laptop because it goes through the ethernet, but the ps3 is never going to check usb for network connections.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Alright, thanks for the reply. I'll try and get it set up. Do you think I will need to fabricate a crossover ethernet cable to do this?

yea you can use ps proxy gui on laptop then connect through ps3 just dont use internet browser cause it will take along time cause ps proxy captures the files on the web page

EDIT: Sorry didnt see you didnt have wireless on your ps3 yea your gonna have to get that cross over cable
    Last edited by moneyslap03; 01-13-2008 at 04:28 AM

i have 60gb model. it has wireless, but use this method. it works perfectly. to router with normal ethernet cable or directly computer with cross, it works, no problem.

works like a charm for me.

which version of the ps3 doesnt have wifi ?

i thought they all did ?

The 20GB launch PS3 consoles didn't include WiFi... only the 60GB did at the time.

I have done this on both mac and windows platforms. If you are connecting to the internet on your laptop via wifi you can allow your ps3 to connect to the internet by hooking the ps3 to the laptop with an ethernet cable.

1. Simply go to your network connections via control panel in windows.
    2. Right click the wireless connection or what ever connection is the connection to the internet and go to properties.
    3. In the advanced tab click the box for allow network users to connect through this computers connection.

That is an easy way of doing it.

you have to enable internet connection sharing on your pc
    then just connect thru ethernet
    i've done it before for my 360 and ps3

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News