Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Broken Disc reader locking clip help?

Sponsored Links
    I have a PS3 with a broken ribbon cable locking clip for the disc reader. Can this be fixed without sending it to Sony for repair?
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

image.jpg   image.jpg  
    Last edited by allen1013; 12-19-2012 at 03:30 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

It looks like the fold down clip is broke. If that is all you have to just take a small piece of card board and stick it in over top the ribbon while it is inside the holder. I don't have one here that is broke to show you. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Try to insert the ribbon then slide a strip of cardboard ontop of the ribbon, and push towards the connector to pack the gap and act as a peg, then stick a piece of tap over the lot to hold tight, usually this happens when you're trying to fix the YLOD problem, hope it'll work for ya.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I don't know sorry to say. plus I think you are screwed. sony will not service your system because it been open sorry to say that.

It looks like the fold down clip is broke. If that is all you have to just take a small piece of card board and stick it in over top the ribbon while it is inside the holder. I don't have one here that is broke to show you. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News