Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 with broken BD drive help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello people...my name is Alex... I have received a PS3 in a pretty weird condition. It has a broken BD drive AND the person who had it downgraded it with the .pup but didn't QA the console... It's a CECHG04.

In XMB it says version 4.21 (allows me to install pkg`s but can't run them because of the BD) but in recovery it says to insert media with 4.40 or later...

I still have the logic board of the PS3.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    this is odd. Did you ask him what firmware they put on it. Is multiman installed on it? If so you can go in there and see what cfw it is on.

thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The Rogero 4.25 -3.55 Downgrader hybrid pup will show 4.21 in System Settings. And it will say 4.40 as well when trying to update from Recovery. Make sure Original Logic board is intact and Blu ray is attached to PS3. Try running Toggle_qa again. This means to install it, then run it from XMB

The screen will go Black and you will see HDD Led activity then if all went fine you will hear one Beep and the PS3 will Restart back to XMB. Then try installing Rogero 3.7 in Recovery, just press SELECT + START for about 5 seconds

Once that is successful install 3.55 OFW in XMB and then once again in Recovery and you will be dehashed.

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News