Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ps3 boot error

Sponsored Links

[UnAnswered] ps3 boot error

Sponsored Links
    hey guys i'm hoping someone can help...

i have a chunky ps3 which has a fault, when i turn it on it beeps as usual, sounds like its booting but the tv screen is blank, this happens with both hdmi and the old lead. i have tried holding the buttons down to reset the settings but no luck...

any ideas what might be happening or what i can do?

cheers

chris

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    did you turn off the console with a game left inside at all? chances are you have corrupted the operating file system, so should be a easy fix

1. put the console into standby mode(RED light a front of console)
    2. press and hold the power button at the front of the console and wait for 3 beeps then let go, it should go back the solid red light
    3. press the power button again hole for for two single beeps then a two quick beeps, let go

a message should say CONNECT THE CONTROLLER VIA THE USB CABLE AND PRESS THE PS BUTTON.

4. it should then display 6 options select option 3 then press ok (X BUTTON)
    it will reset
    5. if you have a HDMI cable connected it will ask you to set that up, it will be followed by the hdd is corrupt and it will be restored press the ps button
    6. it will show a progress bar to 100, dont worry it will take a little bit of time but it will fix most issues

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sorry i tried that, this is what i meant by trying to rest it , i do step 2 and 3 fine then get now
    Last edited by trashchris; 09-12-2010 at 04:52 PM

try another tv and cable and do the same procedure

tried that today m8 no luck

Erm, is it a bad thing to leave a game disc inside? does it damage anything?

Cuz I've always left my fightng game disc inside and i don't take it out for weeks, as the only otehr games i play are the psn downloaded hdd games.

Buddy try this hold power button for 5sec this will reset ur display settings.

Buddy try this it might help u, hold power button for 5sec this will reset ur display settings. Btw i always leaves disc inside my ps1, ps2, ps3 and xbox360 and never had any problems.
    Last edited by Pcsx2006; 09-12-2010 at 11:15 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i had same problem, and i recall it was something like HDD loop they called it, i mananged to get it to work but i had to deassemble the whole ps3 and remove battery, and after that i mananged the ps3 to read the right fw file from usb and format the hdd,

(the ps3 told me he couldent find the hdd on some options and on some other options from the recovery menu it just turned of after a while)

try swapping hd if you have any one else, i had to do same thing 2 times first time he told me he couldent find the hdd and second time it worked apperently dunno why, i can explain better when i get home if you need and try help you,
    Last edited by EiKii; 09-13-2010 at 02:31 PM

great m8 cheers, any suggestions would be welcome, i have access to a work ps3 with hdd so i can play around

a wee bitty more info:

the ps3 will not display anything on hdmi or component, when you switch it on a fan sounds like its powering up then it stops.. tried the hdd from a working ps3 and nothing.
    Last edited by trashchris; 09-13-2010 at 03:08 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Can you see the hard drive light blinking while it starts up? Have you tried putting in a disc and seeing if it reads it?

If it powers up and then turns off right away, it might be YLOD. Also, if the fan is defective then the PS3 will turn itself off in order to protect itself. In that case, you could try cleaning it out or replacing the fan.

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News