Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Unhappy [Answered] PS3 Blu-ray Playback Prohibited help?

Sponsored Links
    Ok well about a week ago i had a corrupted file system error on my ps3, i had to go into Recovery Menu to run a File System Restore and Database restore to get it to work again. I thought everything was fine until 2 days ago went to watch a blu ray movie and it says "Playback of BDs is Prohibited on this system. Please contact Technical support for help".

I tried reinstalling 3.41, no go. I did a overwrite of dev_flash2 and dev_flash3 to a backup, nogo. I tried a backup of dev_flash using USB Firm Loader, no go. I did a entire PS3 System Restore (format and default settings), no go. I did a System Restore followed by a reinstall of 3.41, no go.

I tried different chats and no one could help. Im at the point that i am just going to update to 3.50. Its not worth it to loose features to gain running backups.

PLEASE HELP!
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

If you have knowledge of the BD playback history of your console, you can try this tool:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-116535.html

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    well i contacted Sony support they were no help at all

kept telling me to make sure i have latest firmware and then to call them (i did through email support). their best advise was for me to go to BD Internet Connection setting and whatever it was set on set it to the opposite (wow...very helpful).

so anyone have any idea or thoughts?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Was the PS3 in JB mode whilst you were trying to load the blu ray movie?

i tried it with and without JB. also tried to run in a backup of all the dev_flash folders from a Backup Restore i had done before the JB exploit was released and same issue.

It is a known fact that Blue Ray movies will not play on a PS3 in JB mode. Try turning the PS3 out at the back, removing the dongle, turning the PS3 back on and loading up the film. If that doesn't work do a full system restore and see if that makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyDon View Post
    It is a known fact that Blue Ray movies will not play on a PS3 in JB mode. Try turning the PS3 out at the back, removing the dongle, turning the PS3 back on and loading up the film. If that doesn't work do a full system restore and see if that makes a difference
    Have actually READ the OP and the whole thread?

Quote Originally Posted by GrandpaHomer View Post
    Have actually READ the OP and the whole thread?
    Yes. He never specified whether it was a full system restore or quick system restore, or if he removed the chip whilst restarting, hence the reason why I offered them both as options

Getting back on topic, when you phoned sony did you mention the JB? If you did phone again and do not mention it. They will probably ask you to send it to them if it's in warranty, and they will probably send back an updated PS3, meaning no more JB
    Last edited by AlmightyDon; 10-09-2010 at 01:44 PM

Banned User
    This is an issue I dont want to run into, How did you corrupt the filesystem originally or did it just happen randomly,was it payload related or homebrew that caused it?

Just if things like this start happening we would need to be careful, with new payloads and homebrew being released every day the creators can not be testing the software very well on different hardware versions and whatever.

did you try reinstall the 3.41 firmware and or format the hdd ?

Is your firmware on the hard drive? you don't say what model ps3 you have. I had a problem of trying to reinstall a game I deleted it but flash fxp kept finding the folder and not transfering right. I tried to format my hard drive and transfer the game, flash fxp allways found the game folder on the ps3 even after a reformat.

Very weird and was only solved by changing hard drives maybe the same kind of file glitch is happening to you on a firmware file.

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News