Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Blu-ray Drive Remarry help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi everyone, I am currently trying to remarry a control board to my motherboard to get my blu ray drive up and running. I've been following this guide (http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...t-downgrading/) and I am having no luck at all.

I am on Kmeaw 3.55 and when I initiate the process it just says Pass in blue under Drive Int and then it shuts off. I have tried it on a 3.15 mfw and the 3.55 other os special as well, but no luck.

Can you help me? Any help appreciated!
    Best Answer - Posted by windrider42:

I would think if you were on 3.55 then the 3.55 remarry files should work.

The steps are pretty basic, so not sure why it is not working: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...t-downgrading/

1. Have the console on a working 3.55 firmware

2. Download the Remarry files (remarry-3.55.rar) and unpack to root of USM Mass Storage device. The following line is already changed from 1 to 0:

#---------------------------------------------
    # Install Systemsoftware
    # 0 = Žs‚‚‚
    # 1 = Žs‚‚
    #----------------------------------------------

This will make sure the drive init PUP is not installed, thus preventing RLOD because of syscon hashes on downgraded consoles.

3. Download official firmware <=3.30 as drive init PUP and put it root of USB Mass Storage device

Content of USB Mass Storage device should be thus be:

Lv2diag.self
    manufacturing_updater_for_reset.self
    fdm_spu_module.self
    PS3UPDAT.PUP
    cfg/standalone.cfg

4. Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.

5. Put the created USB Mass Storage device from step 3 into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.

Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
    Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.

6. After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.

7. Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)

8. Then you can take it out of factory service mode.

9. Launch as normal.

So yes Good Luck and hope you get it working.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i have the same issue, went back to 3.15 but DRL wont get recreated in FSM.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is it just your drl files that were not restored? Does that mean your blu ray drive remarry was successful?

I have never had to remarry a blu ray drive, just changed pcb, but did you follow this after your drive init blue, then shut off.

It will shut off after successful. Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process. Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.

6. After you run the initial remarry process, do not take it out of factory service mode.
    7. Put a BD movie disc in and run it on the PS3. (This restores your DRL files!)
    9. Launch as normal.

I am going to try a 3.15 fw again and see if I can get it to work. Wish me luck!

I would think if you were on 3.55 then the 3.55 remarry files should work.

The steps are pretty basic, so not sure why it is not working: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...t-downgrading/

1. Have the console on a working 3.55 firmware

2. Download the Remarry files (remarry-3.55.rar) and unpack to root of USM Mass Storage device. The following line is already changed from 1 to 0:

#---------------------------------------------
    # Install Systemsoftware
    # 0 = Žs‚‚‚
    # 1 = Žs‚‚
    #----------------------------------------------

This will make sure the drive init PUP is not installed, thus preventing RLOD because of syscon hashes on downgraded consoles.

3. Download official firmware <=3.30 as drive init PUP and put it root of USB Mass Storage device

Content of USB Mass Storage device should be thus be:

Lv2diag.self
    manufacturing_updater_for_reset.self
    fdm_spu_module.self
    PS3UPDAT.PUP
    cfg/standalone.cfg

4. Put the service mode JIG/dongle/PSGrade into port 0 (closest to the reader) and get into factory service mode.

5. Put the created USB Mass Storage device from step 3 into port 0 (closest to the reader) and run.

Drive Init Executing means it is starting the remarry process
    Drive Init Failed with big pink letters 'NG' (No Good!) means the process failed. Most likely solved by fixing the communication issue with the drive.

9. Launch as normal.

So yes Good Luck and hope you get it working.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News