Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Blu-ray drive glitch help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi there. I've been having this problem for some time now. My blu-ray drive works just fine with all the discs for about 20 minutes and then starts doing this:

At first I thought it was a mechanical problem, but after opening the drive everything seems to be working fine. I cleaned the lens and dusted off the drive, but the problem continues.

Once, after inserting the Batman Begins blu-ray the film didn't even start, but instead i got the 80010514 error. I looked into it on the internet, I tried rebuilding the PS3 file system and, strangely, the drive was working for almost 2 hours. Then the glitch returned.

At first I wanted to give up, but since restoring the file system worked (at least a bit) i'm starting to think it may be a problem with blu-ray drivers. What else can I do from the software side to fix it?

Thanks in advance

And sorry for the video, I'm hopeless at this
    Best Answer - Posted by discable:

I would have to agree... I have had a few lasers go out on me before with different stand alones and not fun to replace.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Did you try restore file system ??? You also might need a laser ???

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Yes, i restored file system, it worked for some time but then broke down again. I also rebuilt database, but that didn't change anything. Isn't it that when your laser is down it doesn't read at all? Mine works fine for a couple of minutes, only then stops.

Okay you do need a new laser that for sure.

Definitely need a laser it is going bad.

I would have to agree... I have had a few lasers go out on me before with different stand alones and not fun to replace.

what model of ps3 do you have ??? it look like to me you have the 400 model from the video you posted.

Not sure if this is a similar problem, but there's a 12 page long thread on the official playstation website with lots of people having problems with their ps3 slims not reading blu-rays after the firmware updates from the past year or so.

[Register or Login to view links]

My slim doesn't read discs until I eject and insert them about 10-20 times, and then the games run fine. Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News