Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Blu-ray Burner for ISOs help?

Sponsored Links
    This is kind of a noob question, which has probably been answered before but I'm not finding it at the moment. Do you need a bluray burner if you download a PS3 ISO? Or is it possible to unpack it and either FTP it over or put on USB device for copy to internal drive and use something like multiman to play it? Can anyone point me to the some basic instructions? This is not for PSN/package installs. Thanks in advance!
    Best Answer - Posted by Natepig:

Its start with a folder which is usaully the games id such as "BLES0001" and inside that folder there are two folders. The first is named PS3_GAME and this contains all the information for the game. The other is called UPDATE and this contains a copy of the latest firmware the game needs to run in case your ps3 is not up to date.

This is the general standard format for game backups so it would be better for you to get them like this, but as i've already stated if you extract the iso with winrar theres a good chance you will end up with the normal folder structure.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here in this list (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post301440) you will find everything you needed, linked to the right tutorial.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks! Also, if it is small enough to fit on a dual layer DVD, can I burn an ISO on that and then use multiman to copy/play off the internal drive?

Thanks for the help, but I looked through the list of tutorials there and I didn't see anything related to the question I had asked. Is it buried in some other guide on that list?
    Last edited by jarvis; 11-13-2011 at 08:18 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You don't need a disc, unless you are more comfortable with a disc library rather than a hdd one, but yes you can ftp or use a usb to transfer files.

How to use/setup FTP (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post306097), how to use external HDD with files bigger than 4 GB (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...tml#post313054).

You don't need to burn something, at least for the games which requires Firmware Version 3.55 and lower.

oVERSoLDIER - I appreciate the help but those articles don't address my question. I have FTP setup and working properly. I have MultiMan installed and all my old emulators & games working without issue. I also have a few PSN Duplex games installed without any problems.

I'm looking for the steps necessary to play a PS3 ISO file without burning it first to a bluray disk. Can I copy the ISO file over and can MultiMan read the ISO file format? Or do I have to extract the contents of the ISO file in some way to the internal drive (via USB drive, FTP, etc.) so that I could launch it in MultiMan? What is the process for doing so?

If the ISO were small enough, I wouldn't mind burning it to a dual layer DVD disk, which I assume MultiMan could then make a copy of. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions(s).
    Last edited by jarvis; 11-13-2011 at 08:59 PM

Multiman does not play games in the iso format like the cobra usb dongle does. You should use the normal backup folder structure format, which you will probably end up with if you use winrar to extract the iso you have.
    Last edited by Natepig; 11-13-2011 at 09:10 PM Reason: typos

Great, thanks. I guess all I need then is to find out what the "normal backup folder" structure format is, and my question will have been answered.

Its start with a folder which is usaully the games id such as "BLES0001" and inside that folder there are two folders. The first is named PS3_GAME and this contains all the information for the game. The other is called UPDATE and this contains a copy of the latest firmware the game needs to run in case your ps3 is not up to date.

This is the general standard format for game backups so it would be better for you to get them like this, but as i've already stated if you extract the iso with winrar theres a good chance you will end up with the normal folder structure.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News