[Answered] PS3 BC and Iso loaders?

i have a NTSC 80gb PS3

ive been reading all the forums trying to figure out if it is possible to play ps2 games on it at all also downloaded the ferrox program (fake name really only SAK) and i think to solve the problem for the saving part to put all the files on a external hard drive to save the iso's to my computer and hopefully one day we'll have an iso loader that will actually work instead of just storing the images.
    Last edited by JeffJ; 07-03-2009 at 04:33 PM Reason: oops i have new buttons
    Best Answer - Posted by aries2k6
    If the ps3 doesn´t have 4 usb ports, then it´s not backwards compatible... yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ask42989 View Post
    i have a NTSC 80gb PS3

ive been reading all the forums trying to figure out if it is possible to play ps2 games on it at all also downloaded the ferrox program (fake name really only SAK) and i think to solve the problem for the saving part to put all the files on a external hard drive to save the iso's to my computer and hopefully one day we'll have an iso loader that will actually work instead of just storing the images.
    swap magic iso loader works, ive used it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffJ View Post
    swap magic iso loader works, ive used it.
    I also used swap magic 3.8 and play iso's via usbloader 2.0 by ifcaro. I also have a 80 gb ntsc, which is backwards compatible. your's needs to be backwards compatible to operate the swap magic disc.

Even though i dont have a ntsc 80gb im going to try it too, i'll report what the results will be !

If the ps3 doesn´t have 4 usb ports, then it´s not backwards compatible... yet.