Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Bad Memory flash Bricked Fix

Sponsored Links
    Updated my 40gb cechg01 from 2.76 to 3.40 and it stopped installing at 65% it shut down now it wont boot xmb only Safe mode and i can't really do anything in it. i do restore ps3 it says "Hard Drive Could Not Be Accessed" i have tried 3 different hard drives at this point i am more than certain that it is the onboard nand flash and it needs to be re flashed. anyone know a way of going about this? i could really use the help i don't have the money to send it in for repairs! thankz
    Best Answer - Posted by itwong:

Quote Originally Posted by demonsrpide View Post
    Updated my 40gb cechg01 from 2.76 to 3.40 and it stopped installing at 65% it shut down now it wont boot xmb only Safe mode and i can't really do anything in it. i do restore ps3 it says "Hard Drive Could Not Be Accessed" i have tried 3 different hard drives at this point i am more than certain that it is the onboard nand flash and it needs to be re flashed. anyone know a way of going about this? i could really use the help i don't have the money to send it in for repairs! thankz
    this is just like the infamous RSOD for playstation 3. So far there's no way to fix red screen of death on the end-user side because the NAND is corrupted and recovery menu wouldn't help.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    The Infectus Mod is the only way to date for swapping your PS3 NAND, however, you must have installed it beforehand and backed up your PS3's flash... as each is unique to the PlayStation 3 console, so someone else's would be of no use unfortunately.

The other issue with the Infectus is it only worked on older PS3 Firmware versions up to around 2.20 so in your case that wouldn't help.

You could try a PS3 Hard Reset or using the Restore function before sending it in:

http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...tml#post250308

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What do you mean by "Safe mode"? Is it the recovery menu?

Mine did this - Its a brick so I bought one with a faulty lazer works well... after repair.

Footylad

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by demonsrpide View Post
    this is just like the infamous RSOD for playstation 3. So far there's no way to fix red screen of death on the end-user side because the NAND is corrupted and recovery menu wouldn't help.

In another words - bless Sony for the gift of "optional" FW updates.

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News