Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 Backing Up help?

Sponsored Links
    I'm trying to backup a dvd I created awhile ago to my ps3 but I keep getting aborted when multiman tries to back it up. Does anyone know what's the best wast to backup a DVD? or does the ps3 only backs up blu ray disc ?
    Best Answer - Posted by pimix2009:

After all I found out the hard way. Unless you made the DVD then the dvd is most likely encrypted. You can try to us multiman to copy the dvd or blu-ray folder or even make it into DVD iso or blu-ray Iso.

However, you can't play the iso from multiman unless you have the dongle and if you copy it/back it up like ps3 games in a folder way then it wont play cuz you can't play blu-rays like that Nor DVD.

It's just not as simple as playing an mp4 or any other type of video file. Also you can decide to save the iso of blu ray or dvd to an external drive but since fat32 cant save big files, bunch files from the blu ray disc are split and its just a pain to even use it on the computer.

Long Story Short you can't backup DVD movies or Blu-ray Movies to a PS3 but you can copy the ISO and do something with it on a computer.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    M8 be more specific what is on dvd is it movie if not then what ? , is this dvd not scratched ? , any message when is getting aborted when multiman is dumping b4 is aborted u see any error when reading blocks ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It's a home made movie and then i tried a regular movie dvd. the error was reading certain sectors. However, the dvds were scratch-less

Now take this dvd and look through this dvd to bright light , do you see clear spots or any thing else that would suggest faulty recorded layer ? BTW DL DVDfab or use nero recode , and just dump movie to MP4 file with laptop/pc this drives have better error correction , why bother doing this on ps3

Well on the Ps3 is free but on the computer you pay for software. I just thought it will be nice to use my PS3 has the ultimate media center.

LOL ultimate media center those days are looooong gone, now better media center possibility/functions/codecs have cheap HDD covers with HDMI from china worth 20$ with SoC that can outperform most of tablets currently on market.

After all I found out the hard way. Unless you made the DVD then the dvd is most likely encrypted. You can try to us multiman to copy the dvd or blu-ray folder or even make it into DVD iso or blu-ray Iso.

However, you can't play the iso from multiman unless you have the dongle and if you copy it/back it up like ps3 games in a folder way then it wont play cuz you can't play blu-rays like that Nor DVD.

It's just not as simple as playing an mp4 or any other type of video file. Also you can decide to save the iso of blu ray or dvd to an external drive but since fat32 cant save big files, bunch files from the blu ray disc are split and its just a pain to even use it on the computer.

Long Story Short you can't backup DVD movies or Blu-ray Movies to a PS3 but you can copy the ISO and do something with it on a computer.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News