Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Exclamation [UnAnswered] PS3 Back Up Theory?

Sponsored Links
    A Lot of talk about the backups being able to be played on developmental ps3 all i want to know is why can’t you take the system info from the developmental and put it on the retail via Linux

P.S. just a theory from a nooblet but just might be dumb enough to work please comment.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well, simple answer no. You are not even telling how, just saying "by linux" does not help.

Furthermore, the only way that might be conceivable is replacing the firmware on the unit, and since the firmware only works on the box it came from - it makes it quite hard!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by pimpincrib13 View Post
    A Lot of talk about the backups being able to be played on developmental ps3 all i want to know is why can’t you take the system info from the developmental and put it on the retail via Linux
    when you say developmental, do you mean the demo consoles in gamestops and such?

i work at a gamestop, and as far as i'm aware the capability of the demonstration firmware is little to none, not to mention it just got updated to demo firmware 2.0 (demo firmware releases are totally separate from the public firmware releases, usually all they do is download and install game demos and trailers and such.)

Quote Originally Posted by maynardguild View Post
    when you say developmental, do you mean the demo consoles in gamestops and such?
    To answer: PS3 Demo units (what stores get) and PS3 TEST/Debug (what PS3 Developers get) units are different.

I'm sorry i meant to say more. To start with linux on the ps3 ,download a dics editor that supprots blu ray of couse then put in a retial game and then look at the sectors i have more to say i need to re think it please remeber i'm a nooblet

Newbie or not though... Are you typing with your *****?

Please take your time when posting here to spellcheck or write slower so that it makes sense. You posted:
    I'm sorry i meant to say more. To start with linux on the ps3 ,download a dics editor that supprots blu ray of couse then put in a retial game and then look at the sectors i have more to say i need to re think it please remeber i'm a nooblet
    And it should have been:

I'm sorry i meant to say more.. To start with linux on the ps3, download a disc editor that supports blu ray of course. then put in a retail game and then look at the sectors.. i have more to say i need to re think it, please remember i'm a nooblet.

It's important to use some punctuation and grammar skills on our boards... we lets things slide here in the Newbie section, but keep this in mind when you make the 'big move' to the other areas and you'll be OK.

haahah lol

by the way do you have any pic of the dev unit? It there any existing dump of the IPL or unit yet? do ps3 using SPL also?

Arrow

Check the past Site News... there are some pics and info there under "Recent PS3 Dev News" in the right margin.

Sponsored Links
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News