Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 automatically goes into Fan Test Mode help?

Sponsored Links
    I have a 40 gb Phat model and when you turn on the power swititch the red pilot light comes on,Then when you try to turn it on the light turns green and the fan comes on 100% for about 45 seconds then it beeps several times and the it has the red blinking light. I acts just lik the fan test mode except I am not toching the eject button.

Thanks for any Help!
    Best Answer - Posted by Foo:

I would say just take it off and out it back on, and see if you find anything.

P.S. Have you tried kicking it? LOL (jokes )

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    When you turn on your PS3, let your finger on the "Power On" button until it peeps the second time (~5 seconds). This should reset the video (and maybe the sound output). Tell us if it helps.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Pop the cover off the PS3 and then turn it on. There may be a bind on the eject button. i had one that was messed up before but would keep kicking out the disk and thats what i found the issue to be.

I poped the top off and tried it and the same thing happened... So I got to looking very close at the eject tab and noticed some light residue, maybe fron something that could have been spilled on it. Anyway I took it apart and cleaned that area real good with some MEK and put it back together and then every thing worked as it should but then after about a hour or so I tried it again and it was back the way it was, the problem has to be something in or to do with the eject switch.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for your help!

Pull out the eject button connection from you Motherboard and try the same way. If it fixed the problem, TheShroomster gave you the advice where the issue was.

The eject and power botton are mounted on the mother board on this 40gb model.

dfife i think oS means pull up the thin "metal" thinG that is the touch button, it activates easy so it might be "connecting" try pulling it out gently

Thanks for clarifying... I will give that a try.

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

I tried pulling up on it ,but made no difference... It seems to be "sensing" that you are touching it even though you are not. I was thinking of de-soldering the metal tab and removing it to see if that made any change?? What do you guys think??

Thanks!

I would say just take it off and out it back on, and see if you find anything.

P.S. Have you tried kicking it? LOL (jokes )

Sponsored Links
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News