Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Audio problem (HDMI-AV Cable) help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello everyone,

I recently started using a HDMI cable, for the 1080p. But I still have this old amplifier which I want the audio from, but it has no HDMI/Optical cable port, just RCA. (White/Red cabels)

So I thought I could still use the audio from the AV Cable, but video from the HDMI.

But no matter what I apply in the XMB, it refuses to let the audio go to the amplifier. It somehow (even with the settings for AV cables) passes the audio through the HDMI cable to the TV.

I hope anyone here could help me out with this, heh.

Thanks in advance.

Adr990

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have setup my sons PS3 like this, go through the display settings again and when its finished it will ask if you want to do audio settings, change them and select av cable as output.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    There's a setting in there (I think it's under audio settings) for "Multi-output" if you turn that on the sound will travel through both though after setting the display it should as Ni72ous says give you the choice of where the audio is to be transmitted from.

I'd be careful to make sure you turn off things like DTS etc if your amp doesn't support them otherwise you'll get some weird audio problems that are hard to pin point.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi adr990,

You need an HDMI cable and a multi-AV cable (or an optical cable if your amp has an input for it).
    Both cables plug into the PS3 and connect to your TV and amplifier.

Settings in your PS3:
    Settings => Sound-Settings => Audio-Output-Settings => Audio-Input port/SCART/AV Multi and this is important
    Settings => Sound-Settings => Audio Multi-Output => On

You should now be on your TV and the amplifier will sound.

I hope I could help you.
    Last edited by MePhIsTo1922; 05-27-2011 at 05:27 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

You don't really need to have the Audio Multi-Output option on - just be sure to select the sound output to be put through AV Multi.

Also - while Multi-Output is on most of the higher Dolby etc. sound formats will be downmixed so use this option only if you really need to have both outputs active at the same time (or if you're to lazy to change it everytime you need to re-direct sound from HDMI to AV and vice versa).

Thanks guys, that solved it! That I didn't see that earlier.. wow..

I guess this topic can be closed now.. eh

Sponsored Links

Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News