Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 Aftermarket Cooling help?

Sponsored Links
    Hey guys,

My launch PS3 has YLOD again, so thinking it needs a bit of extra cooling as it starts to get old. I'm thinking of one of those aftermarket USB fans, just wondering if anyone else has got one, and do they actually make a difference?

Any input would be great.

Cheers.
    Best Answer - Posted by racer0018:

These don't really help. If I were you I would get a 19 blade fan cause yours is a 17 or a 15. You can get these from later 60gbs or the 40 and the 80s. Also you could get another power supply. As the ps3 was made to run cooler in later production they also made the power supplies to run cooler as well.

The early 40 and 80 gb have the power supply you are looking for. These two thing will help it run a lot cooler. You can pick these items off eBay. I think the fan is about 15 dollars and the power supply is about 20. And they are both plug and ready to go. But you have to make sure that you get the right power supply or it will not work. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    These don't really help. If I were you I would get a 19 blade fan cause yours is a 17 or a 15. You can get these from later 60gbs or the 40 and the 80s. Also you could get another power supply. As the ps3 was made to run cooler in later production they also made the power supplies to run cooler as well.

The early 40 and 80 gb have the power supply you are looking for. These two thing will help it run a lot cooler. You can pick these items off eBay. I think the fan is about 15 dollars and the power supply is about 20. And they are both plug and ready to go. But you have to make sure that you get the right power supply or it will not work. Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome. Cheers for the tips. Ill start looking for parts now.

Cheers dude.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News