Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 8002F225 and 8002F2C5 Errors help?

Sponsored Links
    Hi. I have a fat and a slim PS3 with the same problems. I have new drives for both of them but I dont have the old drives anymore.

Both of the drives have been formatted in my PC and every time I try to start the PS3 they fail and say that the OS couldnt start. I have tried all the things in the recovery menu and now I am stuck.

I have also tried downloading the different firmwares from this site but they always say "corrupt files" when I try to open them.

Please let me know what I can do to fix them. And I will NOT send them to Sony. Thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by oVERSoLDiER:

Get one of the firmwares you need here (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=8). If you can't extract it, run "CMD" - "CHKDSK C: /R" and the same for your USB-device (change "C" with your USB-device letter) - it can't hurt !

Sponsored Links

Question

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Automarinecare View Post
    I have also tried downloading the different firmwares from this site but they always say "corrupt files" when I try to open them.
    Regarding this issue, are you using WinRAR to unpack/extract them?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    what fw was it on before you upgraded hdd.. i'd say your on the v1 when you need the v2 version of ur fw.. they made a mistake in v1 not allowing hdd upgrades and v2 of these fw fixed that prob.. without the original drive ur screwed.. its a sony only fix mate.

sorry to say.. from memory it is fw 3.56 and 3.61.. that has these issues.. i may be incorrect but pretty sure its those 2 fws. call sony and make them fix for free as they will if you speak to a manager and say i know where you live mate.. LOL

Yes I am. Will they fix it if I have opened the case?

And I don't know what firmware they were on.
    Last edited by Automarinecare; 10-17-2011 at 01:54 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Get one of the firmwares you need here (http://www.ps3news.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=8). If you can't extract it, run "CMD" - "CHKDSK C: /R" and the same for your USB-device (change "C" with your USB-device letter) - it can't hurt !

Ok. So I got the firmware downloads to work.

The FAT PS3 I have gotten out of the 8002F225 error but now I keep getting a 8002F1F9 error at 73% of the update process ???. And the SLIM PS3 is still stuck with the 8002F225 error.

Any ideas anyone?
    Last edited by Automarinecare; 10-17-2011 at 02:35 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News