Hello, I've been sick and tired of reading long Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about upgrading a ps3 console to latest custom firmware (I know 4.41 is the most latest) so this time i'm telling you straight what i wanna know and do.
My ps3 is on current 3.55 kmeaw cfw, i could play backup games and install homebrews. BUT, new games tease me to upgrade it. I also know that patches could make them work but that's hassle to me. So could you tell me what's to-do with this cause i don't wanna mess up my console.
Hello mrgameraddict, Rogero 4.40 is a good CFW (very similar to 3.55 Kmeaw but its a 4.40 CFW),you can spoof it to 4.41 to play online at your own risk.
Rebug 4.41.2 is very good too especially if you wanna mess with trophies, savegames, region... etc & you can play online too.
keep in mind that if you unlock the trophies you can sync them online,in fact you can sync them but they won't show up,i tried it once they didn't show up on my PSN account,but it showed up on my Facebook it was funny,anyways if you want to install use the QA psg
1. Download QA Toggle pkg http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/t...e-is-released/
2. Copy the file to the root of your USB or external HD
3. Insert your USB/External HD to your PS3
4. On your PS3, go to “Install package Files” and install the QA Toggle PKG
5. Once installed, run the “Rebug Toggle QA” on your PS3, (The screen will go Black and you will hear 2 or 3 Beeps and when finished it will go back to the PS3′s XMB, and if error comes up, just repeat this step.)
6. Go to “Network Settings” (do not open it) then all at the same time, press the following key combo : L1 + L2 + L3 (press left stick) + R1 + R2 + dpad_down,its hard you might want to get an extra hand for this,or maybe your chin or mouth, LOL
7. If the QA Flag was done correctly, you will see Edy Viewer, Debug Settings, and Install Package Files.
Now to system update assuming you chose one of the above CFW,download the PUP
1. Create a folder on your External HDD & rename it to PS3
2. Create a another folder inside the first one & rename it to UPDATE (must be in cap)
3. Put the pup you downloaded & rename it to PS3UPDAT so it can be like this PS3UPDAT.PUP
now connect you External HDD to the PS3 in the right USB the one next to the BD & eject any BD or Disc inside the PS3 go to system update, choose update from storage media, follow the instructions & voila.
Well, since your on a CFW already, unless you have a flasher, you need to update your console to the latest 4.XX CFW. If you have a flasher, you can flash an updated Core_OS. Since your Core_OS on 3.55 isnt updated, some games aren't supported and require an update. Either use a flasher and flash an updated Core_OS or install a 4.XX CFW.
1.) Download Rebug CFW (recommended)
2.) Toggle QA.
3.) Update from 3.55 Kmeaw to 4.XX Rebug.
P.S - (I highly recommend the 4.XX CFW over the flasher).
Well thanks for your all answers, i didn't had regret registering in this forum site. I appreciate all your concerns, cause unlike in other forum sites i could only get one reply sometimes but too many views (means they don't care about me).
Anyways before anything i will do for the upgrade would it delete my files on the hard drive including backups if i did it? my 320gb space are fed with pure gold games lol
Upgrading to a higher CFW will not touch your games, they will be waiting for you (but you may need to repatch some of them back to original), and you can also play all the newer games without having to patch them too.
QA short for Quality Assurance is used before updating to 4.XX CFW, though its not necessary when you upgrade from 3.55 Kmeaw
or 3.55 OFW, usually its applied when you upgrade from Rebug because of the Debug menu settings.
About the downgrading part you can downgrade from CFW to CFW without a hardware flasher but you need a flasher when you downgrade from OFW to CFW.