Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am a long time reader of this forum...

I read the topic of user h82skate1968 and know that nobody realizes fault ROSD best... I registered to help.

I stayed many nights studying the ROSD. I can create a manual, but I will not have any profit from it. There will be many people want to make money from my work. This is my problem. Maybe do a repair manual and make public and unalterable.

Sorry for my bad english. I'm Portuguese!

Please understand my side, perhaps you're legit and you really know what you're doing, but there is always a chance you aren't and h82 ends up with... I'unno, unrecoverable brick? Anyway, I'm not sure for the topic creator, but I'd rather have you explain how to fix this than doing It yourself. E eu sou brasileiro.

Quote Originally Posted by h82skate1968 View Post
    ^ I noticed that he'd just registered today. I think I can find a good dump to compare it to but this will be my first dump.

On another note I have another VER-001 board lying around can I swap the NOR then update to rid the RSOD?
    I've never heard of anyone doing that. I tried looking at other scene sites for similar situations, people either tell it's bricked or to use a flasher to downgrade back to 3.55 and do the NOTHEROS fix, which can be found here (pandulce1).

First I would like to say thanks for the help and concerns. I appreciate it.

I have spent 4 hrs trying to get a dump without success. I will continue again after I get some sleep.

To detect the ID correctly try this:

1 - turn on PS3
    2 - Press and hold the POWER button to turn off (red light)
    3 - Try dump

I will need a clip as I lifted 2 pads and 1 trace. I'll be back when I receive the clip.

Thread opened by the request of topic creator, it seems like Susoft fix really worked. I'm gonna ask him to explain how he did It and perhaps PS3News could get It on main page as I'm pretty sure It will help lot's of people.

Is it software related fix? Do you need a flasher?

Once a thread in this section is answered that is it, so I am going to close this again as it's marked answered. Any new RSOD fixes should be posted in the ongoing PS3 RSOD thread so we can mainpage them from there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12