Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

[Answered] ps3 with 3 beeps then turns off help?

Sponsored Links
    hi i got this ps3.. i turn it on.. the red light goes green, the blue light doesnt come on at all.. it gives 3 slow beeps then shuts down.. its 60gig fat any ideas..

cheers

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You've got the YLOD bro. Sorry to say it. If it's still under warrenty, phone sony (though it sounds like you have a Phat so it's more likely than not out of warrenty).

If not, you can pay the $139 to Sony for them to fix it, or pay a local shop less than that to fix the console, which means you get the exact same console back with all of your saves, etc. The only problem with that is that there is no guarantee that the error might return one day.

You could also try and attempt to fix it yourself (try your friendly neighbourhood spiderma... YouTube, sry, watched a Spidey Man marathon on TV today. LOL).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    are you 100% sure.. there is no yellow light.. LOL

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Take a look here: [Register or Login to view links]

sounds to like it could be the same error i had, when a update went corrupt while installing, it would just turn on and of, BTW what did you do when the error first occured?

hope you solve it
    Last edited by EiKii; 04-23-2011 at 06:18 AM

it had ylod and i tried reflow.. now i can eject disc at least.. i think i didn't heat it enough.

trying to be careful as its 1st time doing this..oh well guess ill try again tomorrow. it beeps once when turn on.. green light on.. one two secs then beeps again.. on two secs beeps again and turns off same time.. if this helps.

and has solid red light not flashing..
    Last edited by elser1; 04-23-2011 at 06:31 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

hmm, ok well i learned it can take quite alot of heat, but i guess its a fine line between good fix and epic failure, cuz you dont wanna heat it to much or to little, to little will probably make it fail in no time again.

if so it doesn't really sounds like a YLOD, it beeps and keeps blinking til you touch the power button again i think, sounds more like software error, can you enter the recovery menu?

Good Luck
    Last edited by EiKii; 04-23-2011 at 06:34 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

no i can't get that far.. the 576i comes onto screen then it shuts down..

the bluelight doesnt come on also if that means anything.
    Last edited by elser1; 04-23-2011 at 06:50 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

isn't the bluelight supposed to just lit when a disc is in?

imo it doesn't sound like an YLOD (i can be wrong tho) YLOD would make it blink red and beep in a matter of seconds, did you try to update or anything similar when it happened?or what was you doing.

nope i was playing nfs hot pursuit..

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News