Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 3.55 downgrade help?

Sponsored Links
    Ok i am completely new to he ps3 jb scene, but i have gathered roughly what i need to do.

I need to downgrade from 3.55 to 3.41. So ive updated my psbreak to 1.71 (is that right?)

when i plug it in take out the power and press the power button and eject button it doesnt put it into service mode it just goes straight to the normal ps3 screen without the red box, and thats where im stuck. i know after that i need to use a seperate usb to put the other files.. help please? thanks
    Best Answer - Posted by Jack Straw:

If you're already on 3.55, you could try kmeaw's firmware. Put the .PUP file on a USB stick under a PS3/UPDATE folder and start the PS3 to recovery menu. Update firmware from within menu (choose USB stick) and enjoy not having to use the dongle anymore.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Why do you feel the need to downgrade? Just install Kmeaw's 3.55 MFW and you're ready to enjoy your machine. 3.41 is outdated in the world of homebrew.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Umm no don't use a dongle just install a CFW like kmeaw in recovery and you are done. Dongles are outdated and useless. Going to 3.41 with a dongle means there are less games you can play. Right now with Kmeaw CFW and multiman 1.5.5 I can play every PS3 game. On 3.41 there are so many games I couldn't get to work without having to hack an eboot then ftp or shadow copy. It sucks I hate the dongles but CFW is it!!

Cheers guys I presumed like psp I need to go to a certain fw to install Cfw. Are there any instructions how to do this? Thanks

If you're already on 3.55, you could try kmeaw's firmware. Put the .PUP file on a USB stick under a PS3/UPDATE folder and start the PS3 to recovery menu. Update firmware from within menu (choose USB stick) and enjoy not having to use the dongle anymore.

that was way too easy, thanks. how can sony allow update of a non genuine fw? where is the exploit in this?

Also another thing i've installed multiman where do i put 'backed up' games?
    Last edited by neville122; 02-20-2011 at 03:50 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Because they found the master key to sign the firmware... So from the PS3's view, its a legit firmware from Sony...

3.56 fixed this though... And let multiman backup the games for you... Insert game, and press "o"

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News