[Answered] PS3 3.41 Upgrade to 4.x CFW help?
I am new here. (Please be gentle). I love this community and the friendly way in which everyone communicates. Awesome!
I have a PS3 (God of War III Edition) that has a jailbreak device attached.
One of my friends helped me (who is not available anymore) to set it up and and put in a 3.41 CFW that I was using.
However, I wish to upgrade to the 4.x CFW from Rogero, Rebug or Habib.
I read through the forums and found misiozol's Post (below). My questions are given in brackets ().
1. OFW 3.55
(I have the downloaded OFW 3.55 with me now, but I haven't installed it).
2. CFW 3.55 (Which one do I download for it? A 'good' link would be much appreciated)
3. Enable QA flag and check if it is enabled and delete enabler so you don't disable by mistake (Where do I get a QA flag? I am completely lost from this point onwards)
4. Dump EID key with eid key dumper it will help decrypt ps3 HDD in case of ps3 death so data can be retrieved ,and transfer it to external usb drive (Eh?)
5. Check if check sum is correct on downloaded update package and Install CFW of your choice rogero , rebug etc. 4.46 (i. how do I check the checksum? ii. I know where to get Rogero and Habib. I don't know where to get "regbug". A link to that would be appreciated)
6. Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc. (I don't have a link to multiman or Iris)
7. Enjoy of PS3 without limits (Hell Yeah!)
If someone would be kind enough to assist me, I would be extremely grateful.
Thank you so so so much in advance!
You can use any other CFW3.55 not rebug, rebug has it by default but if you will do other cfw it will be gone if it's off, just use any other CFW 3.55 with safe mode installation and enable it with toggle QA check with key combination if it's working, and you can go from there. If you did many times hard to say if it's on or off
BTW Rebug 3.55.4 is good to have installed on HDD as its very handy