Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 3.41 Upgrade to 4.x CFW help?

Sponsored Links
    Hello,

I am new here. (Please be gentle). I love this community and the friendly way in which everyone communicates. Awesome!

I have a PS3 (God of War III Edition) that has a jailbreak device attached.

One of my friends helped me (who is not available anymore) to set it up and and put in a 3.41 CFW that I was using.

However, I wish to upgrade to the 4.x CFW from Rogero, Rebug or Habib.

I read through the forums and found misiozol's Post (below). My questions are given in brackets ().

1. OFW 3.55

(I have the downloaded OFW 3.55 with me now, but I haven't installed it).

2. CFW 3.55 (Which one do I download for it? A 'good' link would be much appreciated)

3. Enable QA flag and check if it is enabled and delete enabler so you don't disable by mistake (Where do I get a QA flag? I am completely lost from this point onwards)

4. Dump EID key with eid key dumper it will help decrypt ps3 HDD in case of ps3 death so data can be retrieved ,and transfer it to external usb drive (Eh?)

5. Check if check sum is correct on downloaded update package and Install CFW of your choice rogero , rebug etc. 4.46 (i. how do I check the checksum? ii. I know where to get Rogero and Habib. I don't know where to get "regbug". A link to that would be appreciated)

6. Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc. (I don't have a link to multiman or Iris)

7. Enjoy of PS3 without limits (Hell Yeah!)

If someone would be kind enough to assist me, I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you so so so much in advance!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    no.2 would recommend rebug 3.55.4: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-cfw-mfw/r...itions-arrive/

no.3 Is quite obvious use toggle_qa.pkg where to get it use search option. there are many tutorials how to it's very simple, install and run it check if worked.

no.4, Download eEID_RKDumper.pkg , install it , then run it console will dump eid key to hdd in dev_hdd0/tmp/ it will be file 48b in size named eid_root_key use file manager like multiman and copy it to external hdd/flashdrive. It's important to do it while on 3.55cfw as it only works on 3.55 and that's it.

no.5 check sum is ALWAYS given in release notes just read all info corresponding to CFW and format usb drive in fat32, check check sum with external program on your PC like MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility.exe

no.6 yet again use search its on forum

BTW from CFW3.41 go to official 3.41 and then to official 3.55 use safe mode and option update software

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    All above is correct and on spot. Update does not require to use QA Flag. This would be your fist step.

(Safe Mode) steps from PlayStation Activating Safe Mode

Step 1:

Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 2:

Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
    Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
    Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 3:

Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
    Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
    Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

Then from here chose the 6th option (System Update)

3.41(CFW) --> 3.41(OFW) --> 3.55(OFW) -->3.55.4(REBUG-CFW).

Note: place updates file one at a time on USB in folders /PS3/UPDATE/(UPDAT.PUP) like from here: [Register or Login to view links]

Once on 3.55.4 place QA flag file in root of usb install QA flag.pkg. Navigate to Game in your XMB and click on Package Manager (It will be where Install Package Files usually is). You will find three options. Chose the 3rd option.

After QA installed find the app and run your ps3 should beep 3 times or so and black screen and in a few seconds show the XMB icons.
    To make sure its QA flagged, navigate to Network settings and press L1, L2, L3, R1, R2, and down on the d-pad. (Hit all buttons at the same time)

Now more options will appear in your menu. There is no need to change any settings in this menu. Then install and run the EID dumper and save the eid_root_key somewhere on your USB or your PC HDD. Last is now you can update to 4.xx CFW.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Actually you are wrong , there is option he should switch to on and it is DEBUG UPDATE as this function allows to install/store it CFW on HDD and make easy jump between CFW , no need to use in future pendrive as it will be stored on your console and you can use it at any time handy for any CFW3.55 if you want to quick downgrade and jump back to CFW4.46 rebug/rogero , and ps3 will ask him if he wants as well to install particular CFW to HDD if he will chose yes then it will be stored and can be selected in debug menu update
    Last edited by misiozol; 10-30-2013 at 08:55 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you so so much for your replies. Stoked to have experts like you help me out. I have a few questions.

no.2 would recommend rebug 3.55.4:

Do I download REBUG_3.55.4_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP or REBUG_3.55.4_999_DGR_PS3UPDAT.PUP? I am guessing the former?

no.3 Is quite obvious use toggle_qa.pkg where to get it use search option. there are many tutorials how to it's very simple, install and run it check if worked.

I have seen tutorials on Youtube for this where you almost have to do a flip to get it to work :P But yes, I can do this.

no.4, Download eEID_RKDumper.pkg , install it , then run it console will dump eid key to hdd in dev_hdd0/tmp/ it will be file 48b in size named eid_root_key use file manager like multiman and copy it to external hdd/flashdrive. It's important to do it while on 3.55cfw as it only works on 3.55 and that's it.

So, after I get CFW 3.55 installed, I install eEID_RKDumper.pkg and then run it. Then after it has dumped the key into the (internal hard drive) tmp folder, I copy it using FTP or whatever into the external hard drive (root folder?). And Yes, it will only work on CFW 3.55.

no.5 check sum is ALWAYS given in release notes just read all info corresponding to CFW and format usb drive in fat32, check check sum with external program on your PC like MD5 & SHA Checksum Utility.exe

Check!

no.6 yet again use search its on forum (Install corresponding to FW file manager of your choice multiman, iris etc.

The instruction says, 'install corresponding to' I wished to ask, install corresponding what?

BTW from CFW3.41 go to official 3.41 and then to official 3.55 use safe mode and option update software

Off to look for a good version OFW 3.41. I await your answers patiently on this please.

I apologise for not understanding, his instructions were very easy for me to follow.

Could you tell me what was wrong about what he said above? Can you please explain this?

"There is no need to change any settings in this menu" those words/sentence is incorrect statement , there are things to be changed for making life easier like mentioned one above by me there are couple more but this one is most handy and it should be changed to ON under option "SYSTEM DEBUG UPDATE" right from very beginning , other than this it's good quality post and info.
    Last edited by misiozol; 10-30-2013 at 12:28 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you misiozol.

I was not posting my way to do it, I was just helping the OP with adding more info on how to follow your post

Yes you deserve thank you for good quality post , and i did in fact clicked "thank you"

no.2 REBUG 3.55.4 REX PS3UPDAT.PUP

no.3 yes it's quite tricky I use my nose for last button d-pad down

no.4 yes absolutely correct

no.5 Good job

no.6 corresponding to CFW , usually just newest file-manager for newest CFW , but not always there are some exceptions very small ones like just an CFW 4.46 and multiman 04.40.00 will give u a fault of emu drive not working but will install, no of revision multiman have to higher or equal to corresponding CFW like cfw 4.46 multiman 04.46.00

As well while on CFW 3.55 u can go to debug settings and enable SYSTEM DEBUG UPDATE it's very handy to have it ON.
    Last edited by misiozol; 10-30-2013 at 06:52 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thank you in advance for all your help and time in helping me out. Ok guys, I am ready to do the update on Monday with a 1TB Fat32 External Drive. I have just bought 2 4gb FAT32 Pen Drives. My hands have already gone cold because this is the first time I am doing this

So, the FINAL sequence:

1. I already have a CFW 3.41 installed on the system.

2. Then , I install (upgrade to) OFW 3.41 (I need the link to this please) I already have CFW 3.41 installed so I am guessing there won't be a problem?

3. Then I install OFW 3.55 (This I have already with me.)

4. Then I do the eEID_RKDumper.pkg thing? Right?

5. Then Install CFW 3.55 (REBUG_3.55.4_REX_PS3UPDAT.PUP) ?

7. Then do the toggle_qa.pkg thing.

8. Finally Install Rogero or Rebug 4.50 and then I am done?

Other questions:

Do I keep safe mode on all the time? If no, when do I activate it? when do I de-activate it?

I turn "SYSTEM DEBUG UPDATE" ON right from very beginning and OFF it after all the updates are done? Or am I wrong here?

Is the sequence of eEID_RKDumper.pkg all right above?

I am sorry if my questions' answers are 'spoon-fed' type but I don't want to mess with the system. That's where my apprehension lies.

no.1 Ok happy to hear it

no.2 install 3.41 OFW using safe mode , use search option for link

no.3 3.55 OFW

no.4 3.55.4 rebug

no.5 eEID

no.6 QA BTW 5 and 6 makes no difference in order

no.7 rogero 4.50 , rebug 4.46.1

safe mode only for changing firmware 3.41 to 3.55 and to 3.55cfw

system debug update stays on all the time
    Last edited by misiozol; 11-02-2013 at 08:43 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News