Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

[Answered] PS3 3.3 or later update help?

Sponsored Links
    When I try update a PS3 I bought through the service mode, I get error code 8002f281 when i try to install firmware 3.55 ofw or any other fw. Just about out of ideas and info is a bit sparse.
    Last edited by MUGSY; 06-10-2011 at 09:08 PM
    Best Answer - Posted by severusx:

Is your PS3 a fat? Have you ever tried to downgrade it? I've never heard of a FW update breaking just the BD playback unless it was a downgrade. Check this thread for a fix for BD playback: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-116535.html

I'm not sure it applies to you, but based on what you are saying I assume that you mean you can't play any movies.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does the BD drive work on that PS3? What firmware version is it right now? I assume you mean that you were trying to install a firmware update through recovery mode?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I managed to install kmeaw and it went fine but then I upgraded to a 120g from a corrupted 60 g hdd and my bluray icon disappeared.

I put back the 60 g, still no bluray.

Is your PS3 a fat? Have you ever tried to downgrade it? I've never heard of a FW update breaking just the BD playback unless it was a downgrade. Check this thread for a fix for BD playback: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/ps3-ha...es-116535.html

I'm not sure it applies to you, but based on what you are saying I assume that you mean you can't play any movies.

Thanks for reply Severusx. Here's what i did, installed ofw 3.55,installed kmeaw, installed multiman 2.04, then installed bdemu (to play la noire from external). I've previously done all of the above on my 120g slim without any problems. But the disc icon disappeared on my 60g fat following the same procedure.

Sponsored Links
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News