Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Question [Answered] PS3 120 GB slim mod help?

Sponsored Links
    I'll keep this short. I have a 120 GB slim that I want to mod. I've been doing my own research on this and came to a conclusion that I need to find a custom firmware that can be used with the 4.3 ofw. My overall objective is to play back up games while maintaining my usage of online-- since all the games I play are majorly focused on Online interactions. If anyone can help me with this I'll be greatly appreciated. I'll keep looking around the web site for anything.
    Best Answer - Posted by BlackStallion:

well since i assume you're on the latest firmware anyway.. you are going to need a hardware flasher to bring it back down to 3.55.. i personally own an E3, i've also heard good about progskeet and teensy but i believe those require soldering.

in addition to this. there is a way to play online as well as mod.

when you use a flasher you have to have a docking station for the HDD.. and you can get a dual docking station to hold 2 drives. the E3 supports dual boot on a PS3 enabling to use one PS3 for 2 purposes with just flipping a switch. one hard drive for for mods and the other to keep you playing online.

although i know about the dual boot i have no experience with it. info on the process is a must before you attempt it. hope i helped.

and yes playing online with a modded system WILL get the console banned.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Really not an issue to mod your drive its actually the firmware of the xbox if you modify that and go on line you are risking a ban

Unionjac

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm sorry. I forgot to include that I mean the PS3, not the xbox. Other than a ban, I might not really care if it's the case with a PS3.

1. If you mod/install CFW and play online it is likely you will get banned !
    2. Your console must be on 3.55 to install a CFW first time ! IF higher you must downgrade via Hardware Flasher
    3 There is no know way to play backups and be onlien always a ban risk !
    4. If you want to play onlie save stay on OFW and original games

well since i assume you're on the latest firmware anyway.. you are going to need a hardware flasher to bring it back down to 3.55.. i personally own an E3, i've also heard good about progskeet and teensy but i believe those require soldering.

in addition to this. there is a way to play online as well as mod.

when you use a flasher you have to have a docking station for the HDD.. and you can get a dual docking station to hold 2 drives. the E3 supports dual boot on a PS3 enabling to use one PS3 for 2 purposes with just flipping a switch. one hard drive for for mods and the other to keep you playing online.

although i know about the dual boot i have no experience with it. info on the process is a must before you attempt it. hope i helped.

and yes playing online with a modded system WILL get the console banned.
    Last edited by BlackStallion; 01-18-2013 at 04:39 PM

Sponsored Links

Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News