Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red Face [Answered] Ps2 in slim ps3?

Hi, i am new here, i just bough new slim ps3, i know we can't play ps2 disc on that. There any way to play ps2 on new slim ps3?

By the way this site is realy great and helpful.

There is no way to play original ps2 games discs on slim ps3 at the moment. Only official remakes would works on slim ps3 just like God of War collection.

Quote Originally Posted by pcsx2006 View Post
    There is no way to play original ps2 games discs on slim ps3 at the moment. Only official remakes would works on slim ps3 just like God of War collection.
    Thanks for info dude! By the way i have another doubt will please clear it? I want to install fedora in my slim ps3 so, how to do it and is it possible to back up ps3 game data in my hard disc?

Sorry dude had to be bearrer of bad news but linux installation is not possible on slim as sony delibertly removed otheros feature from slim but maybe it will be possible in future. And if you want to play PS2 games and install other os ie linux (Fedora, Ubuntu, Yellow dog linux) get a fat launch model specialy 60gb ntsc/uc or 60gb ntsc/j as these models plays 100% ps2 games.

And don't go for 60gb pal because its only plays 70% of ps2 games also remember that Firmware should be under 3.15, 3.10, 3.00 or lower as Sony has also removed linux insallation feature from launch fat models in fw 3.21 due an expolit has been found in linux btw these launch models are very rare and hard to find and yes u can backup ur ps3 games in linux but you cant play them at the moment.

However, I'd like to point out that myself and refraction (both of us of the PCSX2 team) have talked about the concept of porting our emulator to the PS3 should the ability to run homebrew become available. Our intention is to provide what Sony promised and failed to deliver on: full software emulation of the PS2 on ALL PS3's. Just to show the difference in picture quality between launch PS3's and our emulator, here's a comparison shot.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by General Plot View Post
    However, I'd like to point out that myself and refraction (both of us of the PCSX2 team) have talked about the concept of porting our emulator to the PS3 should the ability to run homebrew become available. Our intention is to provide what Sony promised and failed to deliver on: full software emulation of the PS2 on ALL PS3's. Just to show the difference in picture quality between launch PS3's and our emulator, here's a comparison shot.
    I am SO looking forward to this.

Hey General Plot it would be pretty cool if you guys can port PCSX2 to PS3 as you guys have done a fantastic job on PC part and it would be the greatest gift for PS3 owners, but i as well as you know that it could be only possible if you have access to RSX hardware acceleration.

Sorry dude had to be bearrer of bad news but linux installation is not possible on slim as sony delibertly removed otheros feature from slim but maybe it will be possible in future. And if you want to play PS2 games and install other os ie linux (Fedora, Ubuntu, Yellow dog linux) get a fat launch model specialy 60gb ntsc/uc or 60gb ntsc/j as these models plays 100% ps2 games.

And don't go for 60gb pal because its only plays 70% of ps2 games also remember that Firmware should be under 3.15, 3.10, 3.00 or lower as Sony has also removed linux insallation feature from launch fat models in fw 3.21 due an expolit has been found in linux btw these launch models are very rare and hard to find and yes u can backup ur ps3 games in linux but you cant play them at the moment.
    That's sad news, if I would have know this before I would bought PS3 older version for second hand. Well! PS3news.com is here, some great hackers here, hope they will try to do something for ps3 slim model in future.

I very much hopefull that something will come out in next 2, 3 months. My main objective of joining this site is PS3 homebrews, hacking. I have learned many things here such as how to install and use linux (Fedora Core 6, Ubuntu, Ydl) on PS3. I'm feel so proud that im a member of this site because i have got knowledge about several other things about PS3 which i can't if i haven't joined this site.

Quote Originally Posted by chomps268 View Post
    I am SO looking forward to this.
    The task is pretty daunting, but we are looking forward to it too.
    Hey General Plot it would be pretty cool if you guys can port PCSX2 to PS3 as you guys have done a fantastic job on PC part and it would be the greatest gift for PS3 owners, but i as well as you know that it could be only possible if you have access to RSX hardware acceleration.
    Well, rather than trying to gain RSX hardware acceleration through linux and trying to run the emu from within it, we figure it will most likely be more efficient to be able to run direct from XMB (just like PSP homebrew emulators do now). This keeps us from having to create numerous plugins for varying linux installations and setups. It also keeps the entire system's resources available for emulation, rather than having a chunk taken out to have linux running.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast